30

my brother Adam.

I wake up with a pounding headache, surrounded by bottles in a grungy looking motel room. Harry is next to me, Kenzie and Niall are sprawled out on the floor, louis and Liam are both in separate chairs.

The sun is gleaming through the window through a crack in the curtain, I continue looking around the room to see another two unfamiliar girls crashed on the floor. The bedside table has three shot glasses and a line of something just sitting on it. It is still rather dark in here besides the sliver of light shining through.

Still in the black dress I was wearing last night, I roll out of the bed, stepping over Niall and Kenzie to go to the bathroom.

 Before I even reach the bathroom door a phone begins to buzz and Harry lets out a disgruntled groan, i run back over and begin pulling up the sheets to search around for it.

I look at the screen and the contact photo of my brother Adam kicking me is shining into my face. I decline it without thinking. I look at his missed messages and there's exactly 46 of them. It's 11 am.

"Fuck." I whisper to myself.

I take a seat at the edge of the bed and begin reading, starting with the most recent

"I got the next flight out, I'll be at LAX in 6 hours." I continue to scroll through and it begins with a news article with a photo of Kenzie and I dancing on stage with that band titled "Manic's new groupie?!" I stare at my phone in shock. I don't think I am even processing the words on the screen.

"Who is it?" Harry grumbles from the bed.
"My brother." I say, still in shock. I can feel the bed shift as he sits up, resting his chin on my shoulder to look over at my phone.

I can't remember much of what happened last night. Like most nights I go out, except different this time. My body feels slow to move and it doesn't feel like a normal hangover.

"do you remember last night?" I ask. Harry pauses before saying anything. He says, "Yeah, why?" I sit for a moment before turning to look at him. I don't even want to say it right now. I can feel my head pounding from my temples and behind my eyes.

"We didn't fuck." He says, "But we could have if you really wanted to." He jokes. It takes me a second to process what he just said.

Niall begins to roll over and knocks over an empty bottle on the floor before groaning. I look over to see him curling into fetal position.

"What's up with your brother?" He asks.
"Well I have to get him from the airport in like two hours and I have no idea what I'm going to do." I say.
"Why's he coming? Is something up with your dad?"He asks.
"Why would there be something up with my dad?" I ask in a slight panic. As if he knows something I wouldn't
Harry withdraws a little bit, "I- just thought of like the worst thing, sorry." He says quickly.
"There's an article of-"
Niall lets out another groan with a grimace look on his face as though he's in pain just listening to us speak.
"Of what?" Harry pushes, I pull up the article on my phone and show it to him. He pauses for a moment to read it, he still seems groggy.
"Well this is what we needed." He says after a long pause.

I look at him kind of in disbelief but kind of in disgust at the same time. "Yeah but now my whole family thinks I'm with you again, they probably called my therapist and there's going to be a surprise intervention at the airport when I get him." I kind of give up on explaining the gravity of the situation.
"That might be a little dramatic."
"Okay but obviously I can't tell Adam about all of this!" I shout in a strained whisper so not to wake everyone else up.

Another groan comes from the floor, I glance over to see this time it's Kenzie nestling into Niall. "That's cute." Harry comments.
I look up at him wishing he'd just stay on topic for a few seconds. He gets out of the bed and walks over to the window.
"I'll go with you to pick up Adam, your apartment should be clear by now and we'll just say the securities mine, convince him you're just writing a piece on us, because you are... and get him on one of the soonest flights back home, he can put it on my tab if he'd like." He says it all as if it was so obvious and it's so easy to accomplish.