Chapter 13

Amelia was finally making her way back to her apartment after dinner with Maxx, she was nervous with how late it was getting Awsten wasn't going to answer her phone. What surprised her most of all, was the moment that she walked out she was met with Awsten standing in front of her door. 

"Awsten?" she calls out confused, staring at him with her eyebrows furrowed. "What are you doing?" she questions. 

She was taken aback when she sees a look of jealousy on Awstens face that he quickly tries to push away, "I got worried." he answers plainly. 

Amelia crosses her arms across her chest walking up to him, "Why?" 

"You said that you were going to call, and when you didn't I just got nervous and I started overthinking the entire thing so I went for a drive but the next thing I knew I was standing in front of your door." he mumbles looking down at his feet, waiting for her to unlock her door. 

"You can't just show up. You knew that I was going to be at Maxx's house for dinner, I was quite literally a wall across from my apartment what could possibly have happened?" she challenges, opening up the door and holding it for him as he walks in. 

"I know Melis." he mumbles, standing in the kitchen awkwardly. 

"Okay if you know, then why did you still show up Awsten? I wouldn't of cared if you wanted to come over. I probably would of said yes, but this jealousy thing has got to stop." she tells him sternly. 

Awsten stands there quietly, knowing that she was right but not wanting to admit it. 

"I can't fight with you every single time that you show up at my apartment, you're going to make me hate it just like I hate being in Maxx's apartment and I can't keep having places that I love ruined by us." she adds on, getting frustrated with the fact that Awsten was just staying silent the entire time. 

"Oh my bad for ruining his apartment for you." he mutters bitterly. 

Amelia shakes her head with a bitter laugh, "You're still jealous of him." she points out. 

"Yeah well how the fuck am I supposed to not be when you kissed him!" Awsten yells out of no where pointing at the wall in the direction of Maxx's apartment. 

In all honesty she had no idea that he had seen the stupid tweet of Maxx calling himself a good kisser before she had asked him to delete it, it had only been up for a matter of 10 minutes and it went over the heads of most people around him. 

"We weren't speaking Awsten, I never thought that you were going to show back up in my life. So excuse me for attempting to move on but failing miserably, but I'm not going to apologize for attempting to be happy without you in my life." Amelia says sounded amused. 

Awsten can tell that this amused tone in her voice is to mask how she's really feeling, and he knows that he needs to apologize. 

He knows that he needs to put aside the ego that is continually hurting the girl that he loves over and over again. 

"Melis- I'm sorry-" he starts slowly, trying to take step towards her. 

"Don't. You told me earlier that I'm allowed to be mad at you, did you mean that?" she asks angrily as Awsten nods. 

"Then don't apologize right now, I know you mean it when you say it. Trust me I know that the apologies are sincere, but I forgive you every single time and I have to just be mad at you for a little while if you want this to go anywhere." she tells him, her voice cracking at the end. 

Awsten stands there for a minute thinking about what she had just told him. 

"You don't have to forgive me for the things I've done just because I say I'm sorry, I don't want you to feel like you have to Melis." he replies softly. 

Amelia shakes her head with a soft laugh, "I don't feel like I have to Aws, I do it because I know you would never say sorry without meaning it whole heartedly." 

"I'm not going to lie, I don't get that at all." he admits honestly, looking up from the ground to make eye contact with her. 

He feels his heart skip a beat when he sees the kind smile on her face. 

She takes a deep breath, cracking her knuckles nervously before she speaks. 

"It's because I still love you Awsten, I still know you, at least I hope I do." she says quietly at first. 

"And despite all of the mistakes that you made, you're still loveable. Loving you was the easiest thing I have ever done in my entire life, it still is. That's why it's impossible for me to stay mad at you." she tells him honestly, her voice a little stronger than it was previously. 

Awsten opens his mouth to say something, closing it for a minute before walking closer to her to which she nods letting him know that it was okay. 

"You still love me." he repeats, his mouth dry, and heart racing waiting to hear the words again. 

"I still love you, so fucking much." she confirms before reaching out for his hand and bringing him into her bedroom to show him something. 

He smiles to himself when she picks up the picture frame he had noticed on her nightstand previously. "These pictures have been sitting here since the day you left for the UK tour, Jawn sent me the picture once you landed and I immediately got them printed out." 

"He never showed me this one." Awsten tells her, pointing out the one of the two of them in the airport. "I can't believe I didn't notice him take it." 

Amelia sits down on the edge of her bed patting next to her for him to sit down. 

"Did I ever tell you that when he pulled me aside in the airport that day he told me that he knew that you loved me? Without even knowing that we had said it for the first time just a few minutes before hand." she asks curiously, and Awsten shakes his head laughing. 

"No, but that's pretty typical of Jawn, I'm glad that you two stayed friends by the way." Awsten says, the picture frame still in his hand as he looks up at her. 

"I still love you too, I hope you know that." he says genuinely and she nods swallowing thickly. 

"I've never questioned you loving me, I didn't always understand your reasoning behind the things that you've done but I always knew that you loved me." Amelia tells him kindly.