Chapter 14

Amelia and Hannah were out on their biweekly coffee date, it was oddly cool outside for it being a summer day in LA but neither of them complained about the break from the brutal heat. 

"Why do I feel like I've missed 17 episodes of your life in these past few weeks? I know I missed a coffee date because I was sick but my god." Hannah says dramatically, placing her sunglasses back on her eyes as the sun started to peak out behind the clouds. 

Amelia sighs dramatically in response, pulling her legs up onto the chair and wrapping her arms around them resting her head on her knees. "I feel like I have lived four lives all of them being dramatic, and uneventful at the same time."

Hannah laughs, taking a sip of her coffee while smirking at Amelia. 

"You had angry sex with your ex boyfriend in your kitchen after kissing the hot drummer next door, then had coffee with the ex boyfriend, immediately followed by dinner with the hot drummer, and then the ex boyfriend came to your apartment unannounced because he was worried about you. You want to tell me again it's been uneventful?" Hannah challenges with an eyebrow raised. 

She coughs, choking on her coffee looking at her friend wide eyed. "Good god Han why don't you just call me a whore while you're at it?" she questions sarcastically. 

Hannah looks back at her with a devious look on her face. "Melis whore arc I like it." 

Amelia laughs shaking her head, "Absolutely not, I am exhausted trying to figure out what is going on with me and Awsten I don't need to add other men into the equation I think I would rather become a nun." 

"Who is becoming a whore and a nun at the same time?" they both hear a familiar voice call out behind them, as Amelia turns her eye to figure out exactly who it is. 

"Jesus christ Jawn don't scare me I thought you were Awsten for a minute." Amelia says breathlessly, looking back over at Hannah when she hears her start to giggle. 

"Whats so-" she starts to ask before she hears another familiar voice. 

"What about me?" Awsten curiously asked with his arms crossed. 

Amelia's eyes widen for a minute looking at all of her friends standing around her before throwing her hands up in frustration. "Alright no better time to introduce the both of you I fucking guess. Awsten, this is Hannah, and vice versa." she says before looking back over to Jawn glaring at him. 

"Nice to meet you Hannah, I've heard lots about you." Awsten says plesantly, his eyebrows furrowing when he gets a smirk from Hannah. 

"Oh I'm sure I've heard more about you." she replies, sipping her coffee casually causing Amelia to groan. 

"There is a hell, believe me because I'm fucking living in it." Amelia says dramatically, earning a giggle from Jawn. 

Awsten looks between Hannah and Jawn confused, "Wait you two know each other?" he asks. 

"Hannah is one of Daphne's friends, Daph introduced Melis and Han, the rest is history." Jawn says casually with a shrug not wanting to add to the dramatics that was happening at the moment. 

"There's so many nicknames I can't keep up." he replies confused, looking to Amelia for clarification. 

"Maybe if you had stuck around you'd be able to keep up." Hannah says under her breath, causing Amelia to widen her eyes motioning her to cut it out. 

Much to everyone's surprise Awsten laughs in response nodding his head, "I deserve that and so much worse." 

"Has anyone ever told you your hair looks like a fruit roll up left out in the sun on a July day?" she says him sarcastically. 

He nods to the side, "Amelia told me a few days ago I looked like a fruit roll up but I love the descriptive words you added in, really gave it a personal touch." he shoots back with the same level of sarcasm. 

"I'm just confused why y'all are here?" Hannah asks genuinely curious, unsure of if it was planned or not. 

"Awsten figured that Amelia would be at her regular coffee shop so he insisted that we came here." Jawn explains, frowning slightly when Hannah laughs shaking her head. 

"Melis said that Awsten would probably be at the other coffee shop and suggested we go here." she tells him, still laughing. 

Jawn sighs shaking his head humorusly, "Y'all are unbelievably similar it drives me insane, but we will go elsewhere because you were clearly here first. Your biweekly coffee date?" he assumes, looking at the both of them. 

Amelia smiles thankfully, nodding her head. "Yep." she replies simply, adding emphasis on the end of the word. 

She glances over at Awsten, raising on eyebrow at him due to the look he was giving her. "What's up?" she mouths as Hannah and Jawn were talking between the both of them. 

He raises his arms slightly, Amelia was suprised to seeing he was willing to hug her out in public like this due to how secret they had kept everything before hand. "You sure?" she asks him softly, standing up from her chair after placing her coffee down. 

Her answer was in the form of Awsten wrapping his arms around her tightly, hugging her for longer than she had anticipated. "I don't give two fucks if anyone sees us Melis. Text me when you get home?" he asks her quietly, so that only the both of them could hear. 

"Yeah of course." she agrees easily, enjoying the feeling of being in his arms. 

"Alright." Jawn says loudly, letting the two of them know that their moment was up. "We have to go back and take Stella for a walk anyway. You coming over for the thing Daphne's having on Friday?" he asks both girls curiously. 

"Wouldn't miss getting to drink your alcohol for free for anything Rocha." Hannah replies holding up her coffee, earning a laugh from Amelia. 

"I'll be there." Amelia tells him still laughing as Jawn and Awsten walk away from them. 

Amelia looks at Hannah disapprovingly, "I swear to god if Awsten heard you say my whore arc I am going to fucking kill you." she says sternly, lightening up when Hannah flashes her a smile. 

"Oh god Melis lighten up, that man is wrapped around your finger he literally loves you and he knows that you love him too." Hannah says waving her off. 

"Plus we both know you're too easily attached to be a whore it would simply never work out for you, you need to figure out what you're doing with the hot drummer though." Hannah adds in, holding her coffee up to her as a cheers. 

"I have an idea." Amelia says suddenly, causing Hannah to look at her curiously. "I set you up with the hot drummer."

Hannah cocks her head to the side, thinking for a  minute. "Would you be okay with that?" she asks her curiously. 

Melis nods quickly, "Absolutely. He's a sweetheart too, he'd be good for you." 

"Invite him to Daph's little get together, they all know each other right? It would be great." Hannah suggests causing Amelia to scoff with a laugh. 

"Awsten has been so jealous over Maxx lately I think we would witness a murder if he showed up at that party." Amelia says, sipping her coffee again. 

"But Maxx would be with me, so what difference would it make?" Hannah asks. 

Amelia shrugs thinking about it for a moment before agreeing. 

"Yeah I mean I don't see what the issue would be honestly, I'll tell him about it later."