Chapter 17

"Are we going to talk about what just happened?" Amelia asked Awsten quietly as he zippered up his jeans, reaching to pull down her dress. 

There was a softness in his expression that hadn't been there the entire time that they were in the bathroom, it left her confused. She couldn't tell if she had upset him, or if he was just in the mood to be dominant with her. 

He shook his head as he reached out his hand for her allowing her to hop off the counter with his support, "I don't think that we have time to talk about this right now, I would be shocked if they hadn't noticed that we were gone for this long and I don't think they would be thrilled to know we just had sex on their bathroom counter." he pointed out. 

"Okay then let's go home. I'm sick of not talking to you about things." she challenged, her voice shaking ever so slightly. 

Awsten's eyes widen as his expression turned to confusion, "We can't just leave. I just got here a little while ago." 

She scoffed crossing her arms over her chest stubbornly, "As if leaving a social setting early would be out of character for you? If you don't want to talk to me and just want to continue having hate sex whenever you see fit then just say that Awsten. But I'm not going to keep doing this with you." 

Awsten caught her wrist as she was making her way out of the bathroom stopping her in her tracks, "Melis why are you arguing with me right now?" 

"You want to drag me into the bathroom and pretend like you hate me because I didn't tell you that Maxx was getting friendly with Hannah? So fucking be it, keep the act up." she spat in his direction, anger coating her tongue. 

He chuckled humorlessly, clicking his tongue before conceding. "Fine we'll leave, but I am not bringing you home because you're right we do need to talk about things." 

"Ooh look that, Awsten Knight finally wants to talk about his feelings face to face rather than flying to another continent to do so. How courageous of him." Amelia said sweetly, making Awsten's boil boil. 

He stormed out past her into the kitchen as she stayed behind for a minute regaining her composure. 

"Hi sorry, Melis isn't feeling well. I'm going to just bring her home if that's okay with you guys?" Awsten told everyone, putting on such a good act she almost believed it for a second. 

She joined his side with a sympathetic smile, keeping her eyes down on the counter in front of her afraid that if she made eye contact with any of them they would be able to see right through her. 

"Yeah of course, feel better angel." Daphne said sweetly before turning her attention back to everyone else who was sitting in the living room. 

Amelia couldn't tell you why she decided to pick a fight with Awsten when all she wanted to do was sit and talk to him about everything that had been going on, in some sick way it felt like she was never heard by him unless she was upset or angry. 

Maybe it as a projection on her part, or maybe there was truth to it all. 

Despite the masked anger in his tone, Awsten still interlocked his fingers with Amelia's as they silently made their way out of the apartment and down to the parking lot where his car was parked. 

"My car is in the parking lot Aws." she spoke up softly looking over to where it was parked. 

"Ask Hannah if she can drive it home considering I'm sure she is going to go back to Maxx's tonight and I saw your spare key on her keyrings. Or I'll bring you back here after we are done talking and you can drive yourself home." he spoke sternly, not giving her an option to get out of the conversation.