Chapter 10

He's alive.

Kingsley's POV:

She passed out, she passed out. Holy shit I thought she would be happy but instead, she passed out. I laid her down nicely pulling the blanket up and over her then went and told the Mafias doctor what happened.

I have three meetings today one of them being with Vincent as he got out of the hospital. I went to the first but all I could think about was Reina. The way she has been through so much but is still strong.

I was heartbroken by the fact she thought I would kill her and make it like her brother's death. I know I've hurt and killed people, but I wouldn't do that to her. I need her to trust me because if Valentino really wanted her then it's not good.

The meeting was about the Spanish Mafia stealing from the Italians, but it was all bullshit they just hate each other. After them wasting my time I realized it was 12:00 and my next meeting was at 3:00 so I had time.

I went to the other side of the Mafia house which was as large as a castle by the way and went to see Reina. The poor girl I started thinking again, she thought her brother was dead for 6 years and was beaten by it.

I knocked on the door, but no one answered, either she doesn't want to talk or isn't awake. I entered and saw she wasn't awake, I didn't know why but I felt a draw to her one that tells me I need to protect her.

I called the chef and told him to bring my food to her room cause I wasn't going to leave. I sat there for an hour before my food came as I was eating about 10 minutes in I heard a thud and saw she wasn't in the bed.

Rushing to her side I tried to pick her up from the floor, but she backed away quickly before I could touch her. Her breathing picked up real fast, "Stay away from me! I can't trust you, you've been telling me lies about my brother!" She screamed at me.

"They weren't lies, he is alive but before I tell you more I need you to get back up on the bed you bleeding," I was worried she would break a stitch and she did, I approached her not wanting to make her scared but then she looked at her stomach and panicked more.

As I tried to move a bit more towards her she put out her hand to stop me and backed away saying, "don't come any closer I don't want you near me." She wasn't going to come with me it was obvious, so I stepped back and called the Dr and my sister to come.

As August got in the room she immediately yelled at me asking me what I did, "I did nothing. I was eating while she was sleeping then I look down at my food and boom she's on the floor then as I tried to get her up I noticed her stomach was bleeding."

Dr. Sharp rushed to Reina while August pushed me out, I looked from the window outside as it was a hospital room. They got her on the bed and then said something I couldn't hear but Reina nodded and lifted her shirt.

All I could see were cuts, scars, and blood. August looked shocked but Dr. Sharp was just sad as she'd already seen it. I can't believe anyone would do this to Reina, the poor girl she must have been through so much at home.

I was so mad at what people did to her, the way they touched her that I punched a hole in the glass.