5. Bonding

Jaime woke up early and caught Ned alone in the kitchens. He took it as an opportunity and silently reached for his sword. “Good morning!” I chirped in face, startling him. “Uh, morning…” he stuttered, still surprised. “Shall we start?” I inquired. Jaime slowly nodded and sublty shot a look over my shoulder, finding the kitchens empty. I led him out of the castle and into the outside zone of the forest.

“Three, two, one.” Jaime muttered, ducking as I shot an arrow past his shoulder. He was wearing his armor, so I couldn’t hurt him if I shot him. I sighed in frustration. “You heard me, right?” I asked shyly. “Yeah, only a lot.” He replied sarcastically. “You're breathing too hard. Relax. Feel the earth underneath your feet so it doesn’t shift and make noise.” Jaime eyed a bird flying up the hill. He shushed, his gaze fixed on the prey. “Watch the master and learn…” he whispered, making me stifle a giggle. He ran up the hill, ready to stab the bird with his sword, but was met by Theon's face instead.

“Oh, Y/N! Thank the Gods you’re here!” he exclaimed. “Theon? Osha? What in Seven Hells are you doing here?” I said in surprise. “Oh, your father sent us here to pick up some fruit, but you don’t call for a reservation and yeesh!” he ranted, pointing at an apple tree with birds picking at the fruit. “We could really use your help now. Use your weapons.” Said Osha. Jaime hummed in confusion. “Like this.” I said and picked up his longsword, loudly hitting the tree with it. Some of the birds flew away. We laughed.

I nocked an arrow and shot it at the tree. It hit an apple straight in the middle, making it fall to the ground. I pulled out my arrow, which was soaked in apple juice at the head and halfway through the shaft, and threw it to Osha. We all started chasing the birds, me shooting some arrows at them and impaling some.
“What training is this?” Jaime was trying to keep up with us. “Training? This just for fun!” “Fun?” He later realized he was actually enjoying himself. We ran into some bears, and they started chasing us. We hid in a caved-in tree, and we were very tight. The bears ran past us, and we all broke out laughing. “What a blast!” Jaime exclaimed. Theon apologized jokingly and we laughed again.

We struggled to get out, and Jaime and I accidentally touched lips while squirming in the little space we had. “Oh, uh… uhm…” We chuckled awkwardly. Osha got out first, then Theon, and Jaime and I were last. We smiled at each other, and the ‘kiss’ we shared earlier made me realize that I was indeed attracted to him.