6. Under The Stars

Jaime and I laid on the soft, pale snow of Winterfell, stargazing. I pointed to a constellation with the shape of a wolf. “Look, it's a wolf. See the long and fluffy tail?” Then Jaime pointed to two lions: they looked a lot like the Lannister sigil. In fact, they were in the same position, one mirrored to the other. “And that one looks like two lions killing each other for a scrap of meat.” He said with a laugh, and I looked at him weirdly.

“My father said that all the great kings, queens, lords and ladies of the past are up there.” I recalled. “Do you think my mother's up there?” he asked, a hurt look spreading on his face as he saw my reaction to his question. “I barely even knew her but she was still… part of me.” Jaime leaned on his elbows and looked at me hurtly.
I scooted closer to him and nuzzled my face in the crook of his neck. He instinctively wrapped an arm around me while I cuddled him. He leaned his head on mine affectionately and I shyly pressed my lips to his neck.

From the window of his chambers, Ned Stark watched the scene.
“Father, what should I do?” he asked, hoping Rickard’s spirit would answer. “There’s something about this Jaime that’s just… off. And Y/N, she… is getting too close to him. I don’t like this at all.” Cat entered their shared room. “Ned? Who are you talking to?” He sighed in defeat. “I'm asking the lords of the past for advice.” “And did they give you any?” Catelyn asked without wanting a response. “I can see them down there as much as you can.” She said. Ned tried to stutter out a response, but Cat chuckled. “Find out more about Jaime, get to know him. Maybe he will surprise you.”

“I-I gotta go.” Said Jaime, turning to leave. “Jaime, wait.” I called and looked at him beggingly. He gave me a sorry look and turned to leave. “And where do you think you’re going?” Luwin surprised him. “Uh… nowhere.” He replied. Then he told us he'd take us to a place in our hearts called Upendi.
“You follow old Luwin, he knows the way!” he yelled, taking us in the woods. Before starting, he pressed our lips together, forcing us into a kiss that, to my own surprise, I gladly welcomed.

There's a place where the crazy moon
Makes the monkeys sing and the baboons swoon
And the sultry scent of the lotus bloom
Will carry you away
Where the hippos swing from the jungle vines
And the rhino rumba in a conga line
And the pink flamingos are intertwined
As the stars come out to play
In Upendi
Where the passion fruit grows sweet
And it's so divine
That you lose your mind
As it sweeps you off your feet
In Upendi
Without a worry or a care
It just takes two
To make it true
Your heart will lead you there
In Upendi
In Upendi
You better watch your step 'cause the path is steep
Better hold your breath cause the water's deep
It's a long way down over Lovers' Leap
But falling's half the fun!
In Upendi
Where the passion fruit grows sweet
And it's so divine
That you lose your mind
As it sweeps you off your feet
In Upendi
Without a worry or a care
It just takes two
To make it true
Your heart will take you there
You can beat the bush like there's no tomorrow
From Dorne to Riverrun
But you'll find Upendi wherever you are
Oh, underneath the sun
In Upendi
Where the passion fruit grows sweet
And it's so divine
That you lose your mind
As it sweeps you off your feet
In Upendi
Without a worry or a care
It just takes two
To make it true
We'll take you there
Upendi
Down in Upendi
Way down
In Upendi!
Down in Upendi
Way down
In Upendi!
Down in Upendi
Way down
In Upendi!
Down in Upendi
Way down
In Upendi!

“In Upendi… in Upendi…” we hummed along as we headed to the castle. Before entering, we shared a gentle hug. I gave him a soft kiss on the cheek and walked inside. I shot him one last look before getting in the castle and out of his sight.

Jaime wrapped himself in the pelts I gave him, taking in my scent. Ned then walked to Jaime. “Hey, it's kind of cold tonight,” he started. “You should sleep inside.” Jaime politely thanked him before walking inside.
“Get him, Jaime, get him!” Tyrion whisper-yelled while watching from a distance. “Ugh!” he huffed in disgust, leaving to report to Tywin.

“Are you sure?” Tywin growled. “Affermative. I saw it with my own eyes.” The old lion growled again. “Jaime cannot betray his own blood.”