Chapter 4: The Shackled Man

HICCUP/NIGHT RIDERS POV.

(WARNING: Violent acts and semi- sexual talk happen in this chapter. You were warned.)

The man was kneeling in the middle of the small stone room, his arms where stretched out in the air by his sides due to the shackles that encased his wrists. The shackles were attached to chains that stretched over to the walls were they were fastened.

"I am not your brother." Said the Night Rider placing his torch in a holder.

"Oh common sure you are!" The man said. "I mean why else would you keep me alive? From what I heard you are quite lethal." Prodded the shackled man. The Night Rider turned his head away from the man and beneath his helmet his shut his eyes taking in a deep breath. 'Quite lethal.' That's what he is, no. That's what he was. The Night Rider opened his eyes and turned back to the man.

"I have a few questions for you and if you answer them." He reached over to a minuscule table in one of the corners of the room and picked up a water skin. "Then you get some water."

The man licked his chapped lips examining the water like a ravenous animal until he reluctantly gave in. "What would you like to know, brother?"

The Night Rider rolled his eyes but decided to start his questioning.

"The fleet. Where is it?" He asked and the man looked at him confused.

"What fleet?"

The Night Rider struck him across the face with his fist making his head snap to the side. The man opened his mouth fully and let out a deranged laugh that echoed around the small stone room. "Don't play dumb with me Dagur! You know which one I want to know about!" The Night Rider boomed.

Dagur was the chief of a Viking tribe inside the Archipelago. They were called the Beserker's. But other than a chief he was also one of Vigo's most trusted lieutenants within the Dragon Hunters.

"Oh that one. Why didn't you just say you wanted to know about that one?" Dagur asked and the Night Rider raised his fist again threatening. He had been questioning Dagur for weeks trying to find one of Vigo's most important hunter fleets but Dagur wouldn't give up its location. "Hey, hey easy with the face." Said Dagur eyeing his raised fist. "These things don't grow on tree's." He said but he didn't lower it.

"Where's the fleet!" He pushed bringing his fist back more. Dagur's features contorted and it looked like he was thinking. He even emitted an annoying sound to show he was thinking. "Not a clue." He said.

The Night Rider struck his across the face quickly after punching his head on the other side making it snap the other way. "Hey! I said watch the fac-!" The Night Rider punched Dagur in the nose making blood ooze from his nostrils.

"There's that lethality!" Dagur exclaimed with an hysterical laugh. "Vigo and his big brother told me about it! Apparently, it cost a lot of hunters their life's!" He kicked Dagur in the abdomen making him exhale sharply. "Touched a nerve, did I?" Dagur exclaimed looking up through the slits of his helmet and into his eyes.

"The fleet Dagur! Where is it?" He questioned but Dagur just shook his head.

"You can keep asking that question until your hearts content but the only thing you'll achieve his tiring your vocal cords." Dagur said but then he looked like he was thinking again. "Vocal cords, when I get out of here I think I'll slit those on your loved ones!" He said. The Night Rider grabbed his daggers hilt and pulled it from its sheath pressing it against the skin on Dagurs right arm and running it down the length of it cutting into the flesh.

Dagur howled in pain as he did the same to the other arm. The Night Rider looked away while Dagur wasn't looking at him, he felt like he was going to puke. He glanced back at Dagur his eyes falling on the streams of blood running down his arms and pooling up on the ground.

"Your going to have to do better than that." Dagur said. "I've experienced worse than this in the sack!" He said smiling psychotically.

"Where's the fleet?" He asked again picking up the water skin and holding it in front of Dagur.

"I'll never tell you fly boy!" He yelled and he stabbed the water skin with his knife slicing it open letting the water pour onto the floor in front of Dagur. The chained man lunged for the puddle of the floor but couldn't reach it. The Night Rider moved around to Dagur's back and pressed the knifes point to his skin, a knew stream leaking down his back.

"The fleet?" He exclaimed pressing the knife in harder.

"Still had worse in the sack!" Yelled Dagur. The Night Rider sliced along the mans back drawing more blood.

He laughed. "You remind me of this girl I laid with once." He punched Dagur in the back of the head trying to force him back onto the correct topic. "She liked knifes to." He finished. "She liked it real rough." Dagur licked his lips at the memory.

"So, brother. Have you even laid with a woman?" He asked. The Night Rider was caught so off guard by the questioned he stumbled while taking a step, sadly Dagur saw.

The man opened his mouth in an exaggerated shock. "You haven't! Oh brother I'm disappointed." He shamed and he punched Dagur across the face again and for good measure three more times.

"You know, you let me out of here. I know this girl, nice, respectful. She'll give you a good time." He looked at Dagur shocked, he didn't know if he was joking or being serious. He was about the cut Dagur again when there was flapping wings behind him. He turned around to see a Terrible Terror swoop into his workshop and then fly up to him landing on his shoulders.

On its leg there was a small scroll tied. The Night Rider took the note and unraveled it. It read:

Night Rider,
I found it, the fleet. It is anchored several hundred feet to the south of Beserker Island in a fog bank. Drop what your doing and meet me at the place. Hurry, from there we can meet the fleet. Go.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

The Night Rider looked up from the letter and back at Dagur who eyed it curiously.

"Looks like I don't need you to tell me where the fleet is, south of Berserker Island. Not a very good hiding spot for it Dagur." He mocked and Dagur's face went red with fury.

"You'll die before you sink that fleet!" Dagur threatened him.

"We'll see." He said removing the torch for holder and walking out of the room.

"You aren't going to let me go?" He asked.

"No, I'm sure you know other things." The Night Rider said shutting the door and locking it putting the key on a table. The Terrible Terror skittered off his shoulders and up the stairs and he was about to follow when he remembered something. He walked over to something lying on a workbench and picked it up, it looked like a round tube decorated with leather and metal designs but it was much more than that. But he wasn't sure it was ready yet, so he put it back down.

He ran up the stairs placing the torch in its holder climbing out of the hole re-closing it and then closing the wardrobe doors. Toothless looked at him curiously.

"Common bud, we have to go meet someone."

(Authors Note)
Do you think I should mark this book as mature?
-Samuel Scutter