Chapter 31: After her Story

ASTRIDS POV.

Astrid finished cleaning small cuts on Heather's face, and Hiccup was replacing her bandages with fresh ones. Heathers story had been hectic and full of twists. The last thing Astrid had expected to hear was that she and Dagur were siblings! Especially when Dagur had killed her adoptive family, and her real father. Astrid couldn't help but feel bad for her.

Heather was watching Hiccup closely. Which Astrid hated. The black haired girl studied his face closely. Although, Astrid couldn't blame her. The two had known each other for years and she'd just found out what he looked like beneath his helmet. When she had found out she'd stared as well. But the way she looked at him. Her eyes lingering over her defined jaw, strong chin, soft, yet confident eyes. It made Astrids gut tighten.

"Heather. I'm sorry I didn't find you." Hiccup said.

"It's fine, Night. You had no idea they had me. Besides, during my tour Dagur let it slip that you were captured too. That must have been difficult." Heather replied.

Hiccup smirked and for a moment his hand laid in Heathers. "It's Hiccup."

Heather smiled. "Okay, Hiccup."

"So, what do you plan to do about, Dagur?" Astrid asked. Feeling like a third wheel, even though she shouldn't.

Heathers expression dropped. "I'm not sure. After being held for so long and tortured I'm not looking for a reason to go back."

"It's fine you don't have to." Hiccup said. "But me and Toothless are going. Dagur will regret what he did." Hiccups fists balled up.

"I'm going with you." Astrid added.

"No." Hiccup said.

"Well you aren't going alone!" She shouted.

"Astrid, I'm not going to risk you getting captured!" He yelled, drawing the attention of the three dragons outside.

"Oh, so you're going to fight an entire island alone? Get yourself captured again? Fight a little more for an audience? If they even let you live this time!" Astrid yelled back.

"Hiccup. Astrid's right. You can't go."

"At least not alone. The rest of the riders on Berk. Me and you fought without them, you got captured. Heather fought alone, she got captured. But when me and the rest of the riders fought together. We got you back. Please." Astrid grabbed Hiccups hand. "Just get the others."

Hiccup smiled at her and the two looked deep into one another's eyes. The two held eye contact for so long, Heather noticed. "Okay. What changed?" She asked.

Astrid turned bright red and Hiccup chuckled nervously and scratched at the back of his neck. "Nothing, what do you mean?" Hiccup garbled through another nervous chuckle.

"Nothing happened. Nothing at all? What could?" Astrid added.

"Nothing! Nothing could!" Hiccup finished.

The two of them ended up standing side by side. With large smiles plastered on their blushing faces, and Heather staring at them smirking, obviously not believing a word they had rambled out. "Okay, you two."

Astrid advanced the conversation. "We should get going to Berk." She said, and Hiccup was quick to agree. 

"I'll come with." Heather said, and neither of them objected.

Astrid and Heather walked towards the door but Hiccup veered off to the false wardrobe. After saying that he would be right back he vanished into the wall and she could hear him walking down the stairs. Astrid had to answer several questions for Heather about where he'd gone. In the end, she didn't seem surprised that Hiccup had a secret basement, slash workshop, slash prison.