Chapter 11: The Missing Page's

The Night Riders POV.

Wind was all around, swirling as the three of them ripped through the open sky. Windshear was no where in sight, hadn't been for miles. But she was a sharp class which meant she was an excellent tracker. She'd catch up in due time.

Toothless was soaring at speeds the Night Rider had rarely seen before. He was afraid if his friend went any fast he might fly off the saddle.

The chill from the wind seeped from the sky through his armor and down so deep it bled into his bones. It was almost night, probably one maybe two hours of sunlight remaining.

Heather inhaled shallowly from in his lap, she was laid bridal style as best as she could across his legs, her legs and her head being cradled in the Night Riders arms. He would have had her sitting up but he wanted to limit wind resistance as much as he could. The girl was still alive, barely. And he meant it, barely. The wad of bandages around her wound was soaked as if it had been plunged into a lake and blood wiggled it's way from the right side of her mouth and down her face like a twisting river.

After she had went limp in his house the Night Rider had made an impulse decision which he was still confident was the right one although even this had a colossal chance of failing. Goathy, the best healer on Berk, maybe even in the Archipelago. The walking and scribbling bag of bones on Berk was his and Heather's only chance. His medical knowledge wasn't enough to save Heather, but maybe hers was.

Time passed, the sky grew darker and as it did it grew colder. Heather's chest heaved up and then down in a locked loop. Until finally, Berk began to grow from the distant horizon.

He felt a shimmer of hope inside him when he saw it.  The chance of Heather's survival walked on that island. Part of him was slightly anxious at the notion of bringing Heather to Berk when he had tried so hard to keep his past from her. But when he thought about it he didn't know why he kept his life, his past a secret. Heather was his friend his ally. She wouldn't tell anyone.

Toothless dipped down towards there water to avoid being seen. The sky was just dark enough that at a low enough altitude they could remain unseen. The last thing he needed was to be barraged with questions and caught in a flash-mob when trying to get Heather to Goathy.

Toothless angled himself close to the coast of Berk, hopefully it was late enough so the majority of Berkian's would be slurping down gallons of mead in the dining hall. He hadn't seen Berk since he had left and it looked better. There were no more burned houses, no more scorched roads. The signal horn for dragon raids no longer there. But the biggest change of all were the pets. There were dragons everywhere, on the ground, in the air. Berkians were embracing the dragons into their homes. If he wasn't in such as bad situation, he might have actually smiled at the sight.

Toothless landed down on a rocky outcropping of Berks cliffs right beside the stairs that led up to Goathy's hut. It was a place his friend could easily hide while he dealt with Heather.

The Night Rider hopped off the saddle and with Heather still in his arms sneakily approached the stairs to Goathy's as quick as he could without being seen. There were no Vikings in sight. He quickly ran up the stairs as fast as he could until he reached the top. The door to the healers hut was closed, he hoped she was in there.

"Goathy!" He shouted, "I need help!" He burst through the door almost making it swing into the old woman who had been about to open it.

The woman looked at him with surprise, she was probably shocked to see him without any warning. Although she was a healer, nobody planned on seeing her. Under good circumstances at least,

The healers eyes flicked to Heather in his arms and she quickly sprang into action tapping a large rectangular table with her staff. He set her down and examined her closely, he was almost in a state of shock. He face was pale, yet the blood that ran down it was so bright. He reached down to her and brushed a stray black hair off her face. He smiled sadly, despite the blood, and her pale skin. She looked happy.