𝟬𝟬𝟭 ; 𝗄𝗂𝗇𝗀'𝗌 𝖼𝗋𝗈𝗌𝗌 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇

001. king's cross station

Wilbur was a bit sulky after their trip from Diagon Alley. Especially after learning how their parents died, who You-Know-Who truly is, and why Harry is famous. Both twins didn't like the reminder that their parents died because of it.

But they tried to be optimistic, in some way. Harry with everything about the wizarding world and his owl, Hedwig.

Whilst Wilbur brightened up at the thought of meeting the girl once more at Hogwarts. Oh, and also his own little bird, Rigel.

Back to the girl, she looked like she was near his age, which is nice, since he would get to meet her either this year or the coming ones. But he was certain that it was this year, since why would a kid buy books, unless they were going to attend Hogwarts like him.

When he wasn't sulking, he was still trying to find ways on how his robes would suit him best. Or if it already suits him.

Wilbur asked numerous times to Harry, and the older Potter would answer differently. But most, Harry would answer that it works better than the last.

Wilbur would also look at his wand rather closely. It was ten inches, Dogwood wand with Unicorn Hair as its core. Sometimes Wilbur would look too close to the point where the Dursleys think that he was silently plotting their murder. But he just thought of that first time he tested it and made a shelf fall over.

And his thoughts were filled with nothing but the girl, his robes once more, his brother and Rigel, and if could get another wand if he were to break the one he had with him. Just to see what unicorn hair looks like.

He also counted down the days until it was the first of September. Wilbur filled the dull and boring month by spending it even more with his brother as they read their books (Wilbur not so willingly as he doesn't like reading).

Harry had to smack the back of Wilbur's head for the boy to comply.

They no longer slept uncomfortably under the cupboard, nor woke up in the same spot with their aunt acting as their alarm, waking them up in the early morning by yelling. Instead, they had their own room - it was more of a spare room. And they were lucky to get some privacy, or else Aunt Petunia would see the many dead mice Harry's owl, Hedwig, would bring as she came back.

It horrified Harry and Rigel, yet deeply amused Wilbur.

It was both depressing and beneficial that their aunt and uncle acted as if they didn't exist. And their cousin Dudley would scream and run away from them. Although Wilbur felt a bit saddened and felt as if he was a freak, to which Harry glared at their cousin for.

The only time their Aunt Petunia ever talked to Wilbur was when he volunteers to cook.

The woman may be loud, demanding and sometimes mean, but some of those times, it was because she wanted everything to be perfect. Plus, she taught Wilbur how to cook, and most of the times her voice would just be low and slow. But if he messed up, she would either sigh, disappointed and exasperated, or she would tell him to do it again until it was decent.

And he has now gotten used to cooking, even when Aunt Petunia doesn't tell him.

"Har," Harry's muffled reply was heard as he got up from the bundle of blankets Wilbur bought them the very same day he met the girl. "how do we get to King's Cross station tomorrow?"

His question made Harry decide to ask if it was all right for their uncle to drop them off King's Cross station tomorrow. He hadn't thought of it long and hard, thankfully, he had Wilbur for that. The younger Potter was prone to overthinking. More than Harry could.

The conversation ended with Uncle Vernon looking smug about something.

The Potter twins woke up early, at five o'clock the next morning. Harry was both excited yet nervous, while Wilbur was just dead and exhausted. He hadn't gotten enough sleep with his older brother tossing and turning.

"Har, can you double-check everything?" Wilbur asked, hoping that it would distract his brother who kept pacing around the room.

Harry nodded wordlessly and started with his own.

They both waited for the Dursleys to wake up, and it was now by habit that Wilbur would be the one to cook breakfast. Vastly loads today, too. And Dudley was practically beaming.

"Will," Harry called out to the boy who whipped his head. "your owl - "

"Rigel!"

After he caught his own bird, Uncle Vernon loaded their heavy trunks in the Dursley's car. Wilbur can subtly see his aunt talking Dudley into sitting with them.

The ride was quite, safe for Wilbur who let Rigel settle in his hand as the little Great Horned Owl looked out the window. It was a bit tinted, but the bird can see the moving cars and buildings, hooting every once in a while.

Harry smiled at the adorable look on his brother's face.

Soon enough they arrived at King's Cross station, where it was packed with many people. The Potter twins was more than surprised when their grumpy uncle had loaded their trunks on a single cart.

Wilbur and Harry thought it was strangely kind of Uncle Vernon. But was only a second for the younger twin, as Uncle Vernon stopped dead. His lips twitched up into a nasty grin, facing the platforms nine and ten.

"Well, there you are, boys. Platform nine - platform ten."