𝟬𝟬𝟰 ; 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝗈𝗒 𝗐𝗁𝗈...

004. the boy who...

Harry rose a brow at the way his brother was acting. Perfectly still with a goofy smile on his face, staring at the girl across them. Then he realised that it was the same girl that Wilbur was gawking at that one shop in Diagon Alley.

He smirked, nudging Wilbur who stayed dazed, staring at the bushy haired girl across them. Both Potter and Weasley didn't know why she was in their compartment but Wilbur wasn't complaining. Nope. Not at all. She can stay for as long as she liked.

But Harry didn't. And didn't like the way his brother's attention was off of him. But he was glad that his younger brother likes someone. It wasn't normal for Wilbur.

Although eyes on the girl, he did pay attention when Ron tried to turn his rat, Scabbers, yellow. Only for the rat to lay fast asleep, still grey. Not a spec of yellow and the girl glanced at Ron, mildly confused.

"Are you certain that's even a real spell?" the girl tentatively asked, Wilbur looked confused about it, too. "Well - not really effective, is it? I've tried out a few spells myself - and it's all worked for me when I've practiced it. None of my family was magic at all, so it was a real shock for us when I got my letter - but I was ever so pleased! I mean - it is the absolute best school of witchcraft there is, from what I've heard and read. Learned about it all from the books, you see. Read all of it by heart - but I do hope it will be enough. Oh, I'm Hermione Granger, by the way - who are you?"

"Wilbur Frank Potter!" said Wilbur immediately.

Harry and Ron jumped in their seats, startled. They weren't expecting his yell. The way the girl, Hermione, had said it all so fast left them in a daze.

Hermione stopped herself short, facing Wilbur with familiarity. The boy hoped that she was somewhat familiar with him, after all, they met at Flourish and Blotts. Not officially, but... you know.

"Wilbur... Frank Potter?" She asked, confused. Then her eyes light up with recognition. "As in - Gilbert Franciscus Potter - ?" she asked and Wilbur cringed at his real name. "The Boy Who Survived?"

Harry went wide eyed when Hermione blurted out his brother's full name while Ron choked on his Pumpkin Pasty when he heard it. When Wilbur introduced himself, it was just that - Wilbur Frank Potter. Not 'Gilbert Franciscus Potter'! And how was he Wilbur when his name is Gilbert?!

But Wilbur only stilled, focusing on the last part she said.

And he blinked.

"Excuse me - the boy who survived what now?"

Hermione then proceeded to explain everything about Wilbur (who didn't even know that his name was in books). Not everything, actually. It was more about how he survived his unlikely encounter with Voldemort.

Wilbur wasn't sure what to feel about it.

"Right - that's nice." Harry stepped up, noticing how Wilbur was growing uncomfortable.

But it was mostly when Hermione blurted out his brother's full name. Although just a name to most, Harry can tell that Wilbur - well, mostly dislikes it. Perhaps it was because it was a lot different in Little Whinging. Wilbur feeling subconscious mostly. And Harry didn't like how Wilbur would be down, so he always calls his brother 'Wilbur' to make him feel better.

Which it did, a lot.

And there Hermione was, calling Wilbur by his full name. She may be the girl his brother surely fancies - but Harry wouldn't let her do that. He wouldn't let her make Wilbur uncomfortable anymore. "Real nice, truly." Harry added, sarcastic.

Hermione didn't notice. She only turned to Harry with a blank expression. When she noticed the scar on his forehead, her eyes went wide, shifting back to Harry's confused green eyes.

"Holy cricket - you're Harry Potter!"

- ⚯ -

"She knows me..."

"Oh - here we go." Harry groaned and the redheaded Weasely returned from his little trip from the loo.

Ron looked confused, Harry looked absolutely done for, while Wilbur looked as the same he was before - even when Hermione had the left the trio.

Grinning like the adorable idiot he was, Wilbur faced his blank-faced brother. "She know me, Har!"

"Brilliant," grumbled Harry, not at all sincere. "really - positively radiant, brother." he added, hoping that his brother at least noticed.

Wilbur did not.

"It was, wasn't it?" Wilbur raves, grin only widening as he tied his tie properly. "Other than the part where she called me by my full name - but that's excused."

He grabbed the mirror (he took one with him) and checked to see if he was nice. Or at least decent. It was the first day - he didn't want to look like a fool. Especially since Hermione- his now, dear beloved -is here at Hogwarts.

The grin he had only fell when he noticed that Harry was struggling with his own tie. And the younger Potter offered some help. So, Wilbur got a mumble of thanks in return. At least Harry could count on Wilbur when it comes to clothes and ties.

Harry, still grumpy that the bushy brunette made his brother uncomfortable, sported a frown. He didn't like it. Not one bit. He swore that he wouldn't let his brother feel sad or uncomfortable, and then Hermione came along.

Although she did, in fact, made Wilbur a bit nerved, still made his brother happy and grinning. Talking about the bushy brunette to the two boys even if she had left. Raving about how beautiful she was (and he would frown and defend whenever Ron comments about her large front teeth, finding it adorable than horrible).

It was getting sickening, but he lets it go since Wilbur is Harry's little brother. And he would love for the younger Potter to be this happy.

It was better that it was the Granger girl that Wilbur's been talking about. Any mention of the blonde boy, Draco Malfoy, Harry would've exploded.

After the blonde's failed attempt in making friends with him, insults were fired. And Harry refrained himself from causing a scene when he saw Draco sneer at his brother.

Harry never glared at someone as much in his life as he did with Malfoy.

Thankfully, the boy and his own lot left, one of them howling in pain (Hermione came by again and left Wilbur in his usual daze).

Ron questioned Harry what was wrong with Wilbur, and Harry had just blankly stated that his brother didn't know how to handle feelings.

But that confused Ron more. What feelings?

"We will be reaching Hogwarts in five minutes' time." A voice rang out.

"Please leave your luggage on the train, it will be taken to the school separately."