𝟬𝟬𝟮 ; 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗍𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗆 9¾

002. platform 9¾

Wilbur can see himself growing paler as his uncle droned on. "Your platform should be somewhere in the middle, but they don't seem to have built it yet, do they?"

Never would Wilbur agree with Uncle Vernon, but there he was, nodding. There should be a Platform Nine And Three-quarters, but the ones they could only see were the ones with the big number ten as well as nine. The middle of it has nothing at all.

"Have a good term," an even nastier grin was on Uncle Vernon's face as he said that. Wilbur stayed on his spot, pale as ever, while Harry turned to look at the Dursleys. Driving away with barking laughter.

Wilbur felt his mouth run dry. What were they going to do now? Hagrid never told them what they should do. Or where to go once they've gone to King's Cross.

It was rather unsettling, but they have to move. Harry's been getting funny looks because of Hedwig. Maybe even Wilbur as well for his strange little owl perched on his shoulder. Rigel hooted away in his ear, not a care if anyone saw him. The younger Potter wished he had Rigel's uncaring nature.

Harry, feeling the need to lead the two of them somewhere, stopped a passing guard. Wilbur only stared at his brother with disbelief and a desperate one towards the guard who denied everything Harry was saying or asking him. They were running out of time, so it was understandable that they should be in a desperate hurry to find the platform.

Eventually, the guard left the twins, Harry holding his younger brother's hand as a feeble attempt in comforting him. He know that Wilbur gets easily agitated with situations like this, so he had to act fast.

It was rather difficult to not draw attention to themselves. They were eleven year olds stranded in the middle of a platform, with trunks they could barely lift off the ground and two birds that stuck out.

Hagrid should've told him something, right? Wilbur was useless when it comes to rather important information (sometimes) so Harry usually takes initiative first. It was a habit of his now.

Should he do something for his wand for the platform to appear? He was tempted, but there were many people around him. Harry really didn't know what to do anymore.

Just then, a group of people just behind them made Wilbur swing back, having caught of a few words he was a bit familiar with.

" - packed with Muggles, of course - "

Harry swung round as well. The speaker was a plump woman with flaming red hair. She talked two four boys, a little girl by her side. All of them have flaming red hair as well.

They noticed they pushed trolleys similar to Wilbur and Harry's - as well as an owl.

Wilbur's heart hammered. They can find the platform with them!

Harry was the first to go back to reality, grabbing Wilbur with his as he pushed their trolley just behind the group. They were close enough to hear snippets of what they were saying.

"Now, what's the platform number?" the woman asked.

"Nine and three-quarters!" the little girl answered, holding her hand. "Mom, can't I go..."