𝟬𝟭𝟱 ; 𝖼𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗌 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖻𝗅𝖾𝗆𝗌

015. class problems

Wilbur knew that Dementors were here at Hogwarts because of Madam Pomfrey, but to hear it from the school's Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, made him sulk in his set even more. And the looks some students gave him and Harry only worsened his state, barely even focusing on what the Headmaster was saying until a familiar name was heard.

"- Professor Lupin, who was more than happy to fill in the post, as a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher."

There was unenthusiastic and unsynchronized clapping that bounced off the walls of the Great Hall, but to those that have encountered the new professor has clapped the loudest, even a rioting whistle from Emily (as Hermione rolled her eyes at).

"Whooo!" Wilbur hooted and stood up from his seat, earning boisterous laughter from the students and even the other professors on the staff table.

Remus felt his heart swell as he stared at Wilbur, giving the grinning boy a fond and brightly beaming smile. His eyes softened just looking at him, and the applause went at away as soon as the newest professor sat down. But Wilbur's smile has not vanish. Neither did his other friends' who was looking forward to Defense Against the Dark Arts.

"Blimey..." Ron breathes out, aghast before he motioned his three best friends to look at the staff table. "Oi- you three - look at Snape!"

Wilbur, who was still looking at the tired yet satisfied Professor Lupin, turned to look at one of his most scariest professors in Hogwarts, the Potions Master and Head of Slytherin, Professor Snape. Who looked more than angry at the fact that he has not taken the spot as Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. But the resentful look he gave Professor Lupin was the same as the scornful and loathing one he gives Wilbur, making the said boy flinch and shrink half of his body under the table.

It was a sight to see, very startling for Wilbur who feared the man. Why did he give Professor Lupin those heated, loathing eyes?

"- and as for out second new appointment, I am sorry to say that our Care of Magical Creatures teacher, Professor Kettleburn, has retired at the end of last year as to enjoy the time he has with his remaining limbs." as he said that a lot of murmurs and disappointed whispering erupted from fourth year students and up. He was a fantastic professor, after all. "However, I am ever so delighted to announce that the spot was filled by none other than Rubeus Hagrid, who has taken the liberty to teach the subject this year - in addition to his gamekeeping duties.

Wilbur has his jaw dropped, utterly speechless as he turned to look at his other and best friends - who was equally as shocked as he was. Now he felt guilty for not taking Care of Magical Creatures - a subject with Hagrid would surely be fun.

As he along the other Gryffindors erupted in a loud, rioting applause, Hagrid's face went crimson as he looked down with a shy grin, hidden in his tangled black beard.

"Damn it!" Wilbur cried, startling Heemione who began scolding him for cussing out loud. "I should've taken Care of Magical Creatures!"

"Then why didn't you?" Harry question, genuinely confused why Wilbur didn't.

"Cause I'm a wuss with magical creatures!"