Chapter fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:  the spy

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: the spy

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:  the spy

【︎ғᴇᴇʟ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ】︎

SALEM THORN SAT IN THE PASSENGERS SEAT, TAPPING HIS FINGERS IN A RYTHEM AS HE HUMMED THE SONG.

"Wait a sec. How big?" Steve asked after hearing Dustin explain about the creature that he had kept hidden.

"First, it was like that." Dustin showed, putting up his pointer finger and thumb, barely apart. "Now he's like this." He extended his hands."

"I swear to God, man, it's just some little lizard, Okay?"

"It's not a lizard."

"How fast did it grow from the barley an inch to the size of-what my forearm?" Salem asked, turning his head and glancing down at his forearm.

"How do I know if it's not a lizard?"

"Yeah. How do you know it's not just a lizard?"

"Because his face opened up, and he ate my cat." Dustin responses.

"Yeah...that's not a lizard." Salem slowly responded, looking back at the young teen.

The three went to the back of the car, opening up the trunk; Steve relived his nail-bat. At the same time, Salem re-checked his gun before taking another magazine. "I feel like the basic dumb teen walking to his death in the horror movie," Salem commented, following Steve to the locked hatch.

"I don't hear shit," Steve spoke.

"He's in there," Dustin replied.

Salem pointed his gun at the red doors as Steve gently hit the doors before hitting them harder. "All right, Listen," Steve turned to Dustin, shinning the light in his face. "kid. I swear, if this is some Halloween prank, you're dead."