Chapter sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEEN: the gate

▌│█║▌║▌║ ꄙꏹꏹ꒒ ꌚꁏꂵꏹꋖꀍꀤꋊꁍ ║▌║▌║█│▌

SALEM THORN WATCHED AS ELEVEN AND MIKE HUGGED.

"Is that-" Max started

"Eleven," Mike breathed out, hugging Eleven. "I never gave up on you. I called you every night. Every night for-"

"Three hundred in fifty three days," Eleven finished. "I heard."

"Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?" Mike asked Eleven.

"Because I wouldn't let her," Hopper speaks.

Salem makes a low tsk sound, looking down to where Steve had grabbed his wrist-the one he wasn't holding his gun-, ignoring it. "This seems like it's gonna get serious."

"The hell is this?" Hopper asked Eleven. "Where you been?"

"Where have you been?" Eleven asked back,  as Hopper pulled her into a hug.

"You've been hiding her," Mike realized. "You've been hiding her this whole time!" He yelled, suivi h he man.

"Hey!" Hopper yelled back, grabbing the kid's shirt. "Let's talk. Alone."

Salem turned to Steve. "This feels like a bad time to talk about something like this," Salem says. "I mean we're in the middle of trying to kill a monster."

Mike was yelling at Hopper, although Salem has tried to ignore it.  Eleven, Lucas and Dustin were all hugging. "We missed you," Lucas told the girl.

"I missed you, too," Eleven replied.

"We talked about you pretty much every day," Dustin says, then letting go of the hug.