Chapter fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: the mind flyer

ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤʄɛɛƖ ʂơɱɛɬɧıŋɠᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ

SALEM THORN WALKED SIDE-BY-SIDE WITH STEVE, THE KIDS BEHIND THE TWO OLDER ONES. Salem still had his gun in his hand, pulling it out, gently elbowing Steve. "Can you put the light this way for a second?"

Steve followed his orders as Salem checked to see how many bullets he had left. "I've got another magazine clip in my pocket if we need it."

"You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas questioned Dustin.

"Yes. He had the same except yellow pattern on his butt." Dustin replied.

"He was tiny two days ago," Max spoke.

"Well, he's molted three times already."

"Malted?" Steve questioned.

"Molted." Dustin corrected. "Shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms."

"So, do you know when he would molt again?" Salem questioned.

Steve looked over at Salem,  scanning him again for any injuries. Not that the other noticed.  But Max did see; she raised an eyebrow, leaning towards Lucas, next to her. "What's up with them?" She jerked her head towards Salem and Steve, whispering.

Lucas looked at them, shrugging.

"It's gotta be soon," Dustin answered Salem. "When he does, he'll be fully grown or close to it. And so will his friends."

"Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than cats," Steve announced.

"Wait, a cat?" Lucas stepped in front of Dustin; arm stretched out. "Dart ate a cat?"