Summary

drowning

SALEM THORN HAD JUST MOVED TO HAWKINS,INDIANA

SALEM THORN HAD JUST MOVED TO HAWKINS,INDIANA. The boy didn't know his way around. He hadn't known that,trying to take sight of the place,would lead him to fall into a rather huge river. Or was it a lake? He wasn't really sure what it was,all he knew,was it definitely wasn't a sea or ocean. But,if it had been a lake or river,this one was deeper than any other. Deeper than any he had seen.

And he panicked,his mouth falling open as he screamed at the memory.

Salem was younger,seven years old. He was seven when he drowned,died,and was resuscitated. Salem smiled,joking as he had dived into the water,unaware that he was swinging deeper into the section his parents had told him not to go. When he could no longer say under water,he found that swimming up was much more difficult. Why?

The boy tried to swim up,feeling how his throat felt as if it was burning from the lack of oxygen,his head feeling as if it was about to explode. He opens his mouth,letting out a scream,hoping despite how deep he was,he would be heard. Salem wasn't sure how long he stayed under there. He felt as if he hadn't inhaled oxygen in forever. Then his eyes closed,as he started to sink deeper under the water.

Salem wasn't awake,or even alive anymore,for the moment when the large hands of his father had grabbed him,screaming. "I-I CAN'T FIND A PULSE! SOMEONE,HELP MY SON!"

The lifeguard,who later Salem's father made a complaint about,quickly started to press on the kid's chest,pressing down. "Don't die on me kid."

Salem woke up,letting out a loud gasp,before hunching over and releasing the liquid in his lungs onto the ground. He turned,seeing the long hair. Salem stared at him,not sure of what to say,when randomly,come on the words,that he didn't even know he was going to say. "Well,um,thanks for saving me. I'm Salem."

The boy looked at him,concerned before pulling off his jacket. "I'm Steve,you okay?" Salem didn't know what to say. He had almost drowned,again. Another handsome stranger having to save him. "Yeah,I'm good. Um,I'm lost now..."

Towards the end,his voice had started to get quieter,but,Steve heard him. Nodding,asking if the boy knew his address. Along the way,Salem has gotten to know Steve Harrington. And he must say,the boy sounded like a douche. But,he never said that.

When getting to the house,Salem didn't have time to even get for his keys when the door swung open and his father wrapped him in a hug. "Where were you? Why are soaking?" Not that Salem could even answer,as his father had turned to Steve. "Who's this? Who are you? You know what happened?" Steve saw the anger in his face,a bit scared at the man's figure. "Uh,yes,he was drowning. And-"

Again,he turned to Salem,ripping off his own jacket and placing it over the stranger's jacket. "Are you okay? Thank you,for saving my son." Steve was about to leave,when Salem jumped forward,stopping the boy as his wet,cold hand grabbed that boy's end sleeve. "Wait,your jacket." As he moved his father'a jacket,reaching to hand the boy his jacket,the boy's hand stopped him. "No,just,I'll come back for it tomorrow. When you are okay,and warm."

He smiled,brightly and nervously. But,all Steve saw was just how bright his smile was. Thinking that with how bright it was,it was brighter than the stars. "Thanks." The boy nodded,before Salem was rushed into the house,from the window,seeing how his father had wrapped him up in multiple blankets.

The look on Salem's face as he did,made him chuckled before he drove away. Salem's name replaying in his head as the mental picture of his smile stayed in his head.

The name and smile,soon making his smile grow larger. And he hadn't thought of it,never thought he'd say the best words to come from his mouth. "Can't wait for tomorrow."

(718)

(718)