10

I remember the first time I was completely frozen in front of you

I couldn't stand a single second of this.

"Sooah" I retorted. She didn't look at me. I could tell she was ashamed of herself, but a type of hopeless shame that all she could do was ignore it.

"We have a private session together" The professor tutted "Id kindly ask you to leave"

I scoffed, spit flying on the podium surface.

"Win-"

That was it. My bottom line has been crossed. Stepping forward, I gripped her wrist rather harshly and dragged her out, blinded by too much rage to even think twice about what I was doing. The more time she spent with the professor, the more she's letting herself get hurt.

I had dragged us all the way to the empty study room, breathes too unstable to even speak a coherent string of words.

"I need to go bac-"

"Don't be a fucking idiot"

My fist hit the desk. My composure I had done so well holding up dissolved within a second.

"Sooah" I rarely spoke her name "I'm going to hand the evidence in and I will make sure you get your scholarship, so don't go back and destroy yourself again"

She scoffed. She seemed to have left the cheerful side of her behind.

"How are you going to do that" She chuckled wryly "Neither you nor I have enough power to just grant me a scholarship worth more than 4 months of my pay"

"I know I can" Determination and ambition had always been one of my most admirable traits.

"You keep pitying me, Winwin"

"I'm not pitying you, I'm waking you up from whatever sick trance you're in. Some things in life you can't just laugh and move on from" I learnt this the hard way.

"No matter how much you deny it, you feel bad for me, don't you"

I grasped her wrist "You're using your own disability as an excuse"

"Im blind, Winwin, blind people don't get the opportunities normal people like y-"

"I don't give two shits whether your blind, deaf or mute. We're all the same fighting different battles in our life." I sneered, letting go of her wrist. There was moments of silence between us, until my palm slapped the table, heavy sighs replacing the angered yells.

"I'm going to go hand the evidence in" I pushed myself back upright "And I will make sure you get your scholarship"

She gulped. She seemed to know the task I was setting myself up for was near impossible, and I knew that too, but love has the power to blind anyone.