26

I remember the first time she saw light

That conversation kept ringing into my head

That conversation kept ringing into my head. I was at school, striding aimlessly down the corridor. Sooah was still at hospital and I had tried to visit her every hour I got, but after that unsettling conversation, I couldn't bare to go see her just yet.

Cube destroyed me. Everything about the gang cut me up on the inside and stick my guts up on the wall and framed it. I had made up my mind before to never go back again, but when Sooah was at risk, I was not so sure anymore.

As I was walking, someone bumped into my shoulder, our books clattering to the ground. Crouching down, I muttered an apology and scrambling back up.

"Winwin"

I heard my name. I whipped around, and opposite me, was Yangyang. We hadn't spoken in a week, and I was struggling without him at school.

"You're with Sooah right" He muttered, a tone lower than his usually. I nodded, trying to read his poker face. He placed a hand on my collar, his fingers slowly clenching together "What about Yun?"

"Look-" I begun, only to have his hands grasp by collar and slam me against the wall. I had never seen Yangyang like this; the fury might have finally caught up to him.

"I don't care who Yun ends up with, but I won't let her get hurt, not in a million years" Yangyang snarled, his fist meeting the wall. I knew what it felt to have this type of affection for someone. I knew exactly what it felt like to want to protect someone so badly you would sacrifice your life for them.

"It's a misunderstanding Yangyang" I shook his hands off my collar "My confession was meant for Sooah, but somehow Yun walked through the door. It's as simple as that"

"Bullshit"

I was shocked. There was no reason for Yangyang not to believe me. I didn't understand what was going on.

"What?" I blurted "I have nothing with Yun-"

"Then why does Yun have the flower, huh? And why did you two stay in the storage room for who knows how long? You guys hang on intimately all the time, stop lying" Yangyang's tone grew harsher and harsher "You knew full well I liked Yun, heck, I even planned the confession with you. I don't care who Yun likes; you fooled me, and that's what I'm fucking pissed at"

He was making no sense. The flowers were never given to Yun and Yun walked out of the storage room alone. I furrowed my eyebrows, but before I knew it, a punch slapped me across the face. I jerked my eyes up to meet a fuming Yangyang, staring at him with such indescribable confusion.

"I was going to come tell you to take care of Yun when I'm away for my lawyers training program. But the moment I saw your face, I couldn't stand it. You disgust me, Winwin"

I straightened my back, fingers balling into a fist. My rage stemmed from being misunderstood but I seemed to not be able to muster up the courage to raise my fist.