Chapter 8

~ Hanji Zoë

I smiled as Levi ran out the door. He was so strange sometimes. I would have to keep an eye on his temperature though. I shook my head and started to clean. It was my days off so i didn't need to go into work. This left me an empty day. A sigh escaped my lips as I realized that I was probably going to spend my day cleaning.  I started on that, knowing the faster I got it done, the faster I could sit around and do nothing. I started to pick up all the books that were laying around. They weren't your average, romance novels that everyone assumes women read. These were scientific books. Books explaining the theory of how the world was created, how things evolved, plants, animals, life in general, EVERYTHING. My favorite was on the assumption that maybe 2,000 years in the past, giant creatures called Titans ruled the earth and were man kinds greatest enemy. It was a very compelling book. It took me a couple of trips to get all the books back in their places. I had book cases everywhere. In my room, in my living room, the kitchen, the washing room, everyplace I could shove a book into. 

Books were my life. Ever since I was little I had always had a book in my hand. Books and science. They were my addictions. I started some coffee and cleaned the rest of my living room. Sweeping, dusting, vacuuming, the whole ordeal. When I was done, I flopped down onto the couch with a sigh. I had my titan book in my hand. It was truly my favorite. I opened the cover, inhaling the sweet smell of paper and ink. I started to read. At first the words were that, just words on a paper. But soon the words started to melt together as I lost myself in the book. I was no longer in my living room, on my couch but in Trost and with the titans. The book played like a movie in my head, as If I were really there watching it all happen. The Trost battle rang out around me as the titans invaded the city. Wall Maria had been breached again. The Armored Titan had shown up just when we didn't expect it. The Captain slayed them alongside with me as we dropped them like flies. People were screaming, dying, and blood was everywhere. But I had a job to do. I couldn't be distracted by all my dead comrades. There would be time for grief later.  I used my 3D Maneuvering Gear to attach to a titan and fly above them. Aiming for the nape, the one place that you could kill a titan, I lunged down. My swords neared the neck and 

Bzzzzzzzzzt

I jerked my head up. I was back in my living room. Disappointment flooded my body as I reluctantly put the book down and started for my door, the source of the buzzing sound. I opened my door and there stood Petra with a small smile on her face. Instantly, my grin grew. Petra and I had grown very close. 

"Hey stranger!" I said as I stepped aside so she could enter. Petra's small smile grew into a larger one. She walked inside and set the bag she had brought with her on the counter. It was a small bag, large enough to fit clothes in but not the size of a suitcase. She turned and gave me an evil grin.

"You are about to have your first sleepover with me, Petra Rahl." She said as she moved to the couch. I watched as she picked up the book I had been reading and read the back. I sat down beside her on the couch and grabbed the book back, placing a bookmark into the page. I placed the book on the coffee table across from me and turned to my friend. 

"Okay. I didn't have anything planned for tonight anyways." I said to her smiling as I pulled my legs up onto the couch. I'm not one of those people who will yell at you for putting your feet on my couch. If you want to throw up your feet and chill, go right ahead. Petra did the same as she pulled over the bag she had brought. I peered inside of it, curious to what she brought. Inside was the usual clothes and other neccary items to spend the night. But there also was some games and movies. I reached into the bag and pulled out a movie. 

" A Walk To Remember?" I asked her, reading the title. She nodded somberly. 

"It makes me bawl so be warned." She said as I read the back. It didn't seem so bad. I got up to put it into my DVD player. When I turned back around, remote in hand, Petra was pulling a large box of tissues out of her bag and a small trashcan. I rolled my eyes as I sat down. Petra grabbed one of my couch pillows and hugged it to her chest as I started to movie.