Chapter 13

~Hanji

A loud pounding at my door, startled me up from my slumber. I jerked upright, the papers and notebooks falling off of me. Blinking, I couldn't figure out what made me wake up at first, until another round of pounding sounded, getting louder and more vicious the more they went on. I scrambled to my feet and ran to the door, unlocking it. Sure enough, it was Levi with an annoyed expression. He crossed his arms, glaring at me. I felt a sheepish smile cover my face as I stepped aside to let him in. He didn't say anything, just strode inside. Closing the door behind him, I stretched my stiff muscles. Honestly, I hadn't meant to fall asleep. It just... happened. A horrified gasp made me turn and look to where Levi was standing. He stared at my destroyed living room, the most horrified expression I have ever seen plastered on his face. I looked at my living room and winced, knowing a day of cleaning with him was ahead of me. There were papers scattered everywhere. Dirty cups and plates littered the small coffee table I had. Notebooks had been carelessly thrown down places. I hadn't even put away my clothes that I had washed. In my defense, in my department, we were on the verge of a breakthrough. There was no time for home chores.

In my department, someone thought they had discovered a gene mutation that could eventually evolve the human race. It was amazing. Yet the research that followed was intense and harsh. There was no room for error here. Everything had to be checked, once, twice, three times before it even made it to the head and then it was sent back to be checked again. It was a long grueling process, yet exciting at the same time. But now, my attention wasn't on the papers I was supposed to be checking but my boyfriend, scanning my living room with a face filled with horror. Honestly, I don't know how we were still dating. We were complete opposites. Yet somehow we worked together.

" What... is this?" He asked, his voice filled with disgust. I snapped my attention back to him and saw he was taking in the piles of dirty stuff everywhere. I knew it was better to just take that as a rhetorical question and start cleaning, but the smart ass remark made it to my lips anyways.

" Well... that's a chair... and that's a cup. Over there is a TV too. " I retorted. His eye twitched and I knew I had pressed a button. Oops.

" Don't be a smart ass. This is... disgusting! How can you live like this!?" He asked, picking up a pizza box I had left on the floor. I shrugged and he dropped it into the trashcan. He looked around, acting as if I had just murdered a cat and laid it out on my table. I judged how much more he had until he blew. The more he took in, the more he looked like he was about to kill someone.

" That's it. We're cleaning. " He announced. I knew that was coming, so I just sighed heavily and started to pick up my living room. I also knew better than to think that we were just going to pick up a little. Knowing him, the whole place would be cleaned. Sure enough, soon he was working on the bathroom while I took care of my laundry. Walking to my room, I looked into the bathroom, and saw Levi working, his usual white rag over his mouth. He liked bleach and the rag helped protect him from inhaling the fumes. I felt a small smile cover my lips. He was absolutely focused, his eyebrows furrowed. Levi was amazing. Shaking my head, I went to my room and started to put away my clothes.

The house was cleaned within a few hours. HOURS! I felt like I was going to die as I started the dishwasher, finally done with everything. Levi was walking around with a satisfied smile, wiping his glove across my surfaces, looking for dust. My floors were pristine and clean enough to eat off of, same with the bathroom. My couch was washed and covered with a blanket. Even my rugs were vacuumed and clean. I was utterly exhausted. I have to admit though, my house was better all nice and clean. Levi sat down on my couch, a fresh cup of tea in his hands. I flopped down onto my spinny chair and let myself die for a few seconds. Today had been horrible. Even though my house needed to be cleaned, it wasn't how I wanted to spend my day off. Levi seemed happy though, as he picked up one of the many books I had neatly laid on my table. I knew that none of them would be to his liking considering that they were all scientific books. But surprisingly enough, he started to read, immersed in the book. I smiled softly and secretly took a picture. Smiling down at my phone, I noticed with a start, that he was looking at the camera, an amused look on his face. When I looked up though, he was looking at the book not at me.