Chapter 11

Hanji -

When I woke up I was still in the living room. Yawning, I rubbed my eyes and sat up. I was stiff from sleeping on the couch. My vision was blurry and I started to look for my glasses. Panic filled my body as I couldn't find them. I could see without them but it was hard to read. Standing, I looked around for them. They weren't on the coffee table. Maybe they were in the kitchen. I walked to the kitchen and sighed in relief when they were sitting by the stove. As I walked over, I noticed the time. I cry leapt past my lips as I snatched my glasses and raced to get dressed. I had 10 minutes to get to work and it took a good 15 just to get there. I left, still tugging on shoes and trying to get my jacket on properly.

I made it to the work in time. Throwing the doors open, I was able to cough out a meekly greeting. Everyone shook their head at me, small smiles on their faces. It wasn't new that I was late. I seemed to do that a lot. With a sheepish grin I put on my lab coat and started to work. But, I wasn't able to loose myself in my work like I usually can. Something kept nagging at me, trying to remind me of something that I had forgotten. I tried to shrug it off. Whatever it was, it could wait. With a sigh, I looked down at the microscope. It didn't seem like I would be able to focus on my work. I pulled on some headphones and turned on some music. That seemed to help drive the nagging feeling out of my mind for a bit and I was able to get some work done.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked up to see one of my coworkers. Pulling the headphones out of my ears, I looked at the clock. It was lunch break. Tempted to keep working, I stalled for a few moments. But Levi's face popped into my mind and I slipped off my lab coat. Grabbing something from the vending machines, I started to Levi's office. Opening the door, I peering inside. Much to my surprise, Levi was asleep at his desk. I walked in quietly and looked at him. His face was open and peaceful. A small smile crept onto my face as I looked at him. I never noticed it but Levi's face always had this tired look. Placing the small snacks I had bought for him on the table, I pushed Levi's raven hair out of his face. A warm feeling spread through my body as I places his coat over his shoulders. The minute my hands touched his shoulders, he opened his eyes. He lifted his head slowly and looked back at me, his face still soft from sleeping. I felt a smile tug at my lips as he rubbed an eye.

"Hanji?" He asked. I smiled at him as fully woke up. He spotted the bag on his desk and then looked at the clock.

_____________________________________

Levi -

I took in the time. I had dozed off. Hanji's warm hands were still on my shoulders and I fought off the warm feeling growing inside. I stretched and felt Hanji's hands fall off of my shoulders.

" Oops. I guess I dozed off. " I said and started to look through the bag that she had left on my desk. It had a few candy bars and a drink from the machines down the hall. I looked up to thank her and froze. She was looking outside, at something, and for a moment, it was perfect. Her face, so soft, was bathed in sunlight, and her eyes were full of the wonder and curiosity I had come to love. Her face was alive and I could see specks of red in her hair. In that moment, there was no confusion, no tangled feelings. That short moment, when I looked at her, I knew from the bottom of my heart, that I loved her. With every fiber of my being, I love the odd hyper girl standing in my office. She looked at me with a huge small that took my breath away.

" There are some little kids down there playing! It's so cute!" She said, pointing and looking out the window again. I went and stood by her, and looked out to where she was pointing. 3 children were playing on the sidewalk with chalk. My eyes drifted back to Hanji, though. Her warm brown eyes were soft as she looked at the kids. I opened my mouth to say something.