Chapter 10

Hanji-

After that night, Levi came over all the time. We got to know each other and as much as we would deny it, we grew close. I always found myself hanging around him and wondering what he was doing. Levi spent a lot of time at my house. It was our official hangout. Even though we never had another mishap like on the first night, something was brewing. I thought it was just a greater and deeper level to our friendship but little did I know, how wrong I was.

It had been almost 2 years since I started to work with Levi. We never saw each other at work anymore since I worked in the science department, yet I always found time to visit him. Knocking on his office door, I walked in and set a bag on his desk. He looked up and smiled at me before rooting through it.

"What horrible thing did you do today in your beloved science class?" He asked as he took out the sandwich and bag of chips I had bought for him. It had become our tradition to each lunch together. I rolled my eyes and took a bite out of my own sandwich.

" I murdered someone called Levi. I think you know him." I said poking his cheek. He pushed my hand away with a frown. I grinned at him. I knew how much he hated it yet I still did it anyways. He smirked at me.

" No but I do know of a girl names Hanji thats about to be pushed off of a desk." And so he shoved me off of his desk onto the ground. I scooted on my butt to where he sat, suddenly towering over me as I sat cross legged on the ground. I watched him look down and grin. With a mean smile I asked,

" Isn't it nice to be normal height?" I watched his face melt into a frown and he pushed me over with his foot. I laughed and stared at his ceiling. Once again, that feeling ran through me. I tried to sort that feeling out as I layed there. Levi's face popped into my view, staring down at me. It made my breath hitch and a warm feeling flow through my body. Just being near him made me feel different. I smiled at him and lifted my arm so he could pull me up. He lifted me up to me feet. The static between us seemed to grow as we stood there awkwardly. I cleared my throat and stepped away, blushing slightly.

"Well I gotta get back to work. Try not to work yourself to death." I said with my usual grin. Levi nodded and seemed to be preoccupied with something else. I felt my grin fade as he rubbed the back of his head. opening my mouth, I was about to say something when someone appeared by Levi's door.

"We need you in the lab Hanji." The boy said. I nodded and took one last glance at Levi before walking out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watched Hanji leave, the fluttering feeling in my stomach catching my breath. No matter where I looked, no matter what I did, I couldn't escape the feeling that grew everyday. I didn't want to admit it. I wanted to flee from it. Shaking my head, I, once again, tried to convince myself that I was wrong. It wasn't what I thought it was. Yes once I thought that I had an attraction for Hanji, but that was just our friendship growing.. right? I shoved the feeling down in the pits of my stomach. I needed to just stop and figure things out.

———————-

The clock chimed signaling that work was over. I took a deep breath, as Hanji walked back into my room.

"So I was thinking we could do a movie marathon tonight." She started to say. I felt my resolve being destroyed as I looked at her bright eyes. Before i lost my nerve, I interrupted her.