Chapter 15

Levi's POV
( AA:  Alrighty! Now I'm sure that everyone is lost on time wise because I sure am! I haven't been very good with seasons and time wise in this... SO! Here is what we are going to do! I'm just going to make it summer, time flies, stuff like that. I will try to keep a better handle on time  in the fic. Thanks guys ^^; )

I rolled over, not wanting to get up.  The house was cool and I could hear the air conditioner humming quietly. Burying my face into the pillow, I took a deep breath. Hanji's smell was still there even with me sleeping here now. The bed bounced as she flopped down. 

" C'mon Levi. You don't want to spend your day off in bed all day do you?" She asked me. Well duh. Who wouldn't want to spend all day in bed? I heard her sigh as she leaned over me, shaking my shoulders. 

" Levi!!" She muttered, trying to get me up. I knew that I had to get up eventually but I couldn't muster up the will to leave the warm embrace of the blankets.  Hanji stood, and walked away. I thought she had given up, until the smell of coffee came wafting into the bedroom. Of course. She always knew what to do to get me up. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and sat up. My hair was a mess, but I didn't really care at the moment. With a yawn, I shuffed to the kitchen. The shiny, new coffee maker gurgled happily at me as I grabbed our usual cups out of the now cluttered cupboard. I couldn't help but admire the coffee maker. It had taken weeks to convince Hanji to use my clean, new coffee maker rather than her old and gross one. She was stubborn and claimed since it was her house, she got to keep her things and because I was the one who moved in I had to deal with it. It took many dates, gifts and practically begging to sway her mind. 

I set my white cup next to her chipped one. A small beep alerted me that the coffee was done. I started to pour the heavenly substance into our cups. Hanji walked into the kitchen and by me. I felt her chin rest on my shoulder as I stirred in the correct amount of sugar into hers. I liked mine bone dry, but she liked a few spoons. Just enough to take the bitter edge off.  

I handed the cup to her and watched as she took a long gulp. She always liked to guzzle her's while I milked my coffee until mid morning.  She seemed to buzz with energy after downing her coffee. I couldn't help the amused smile that covered my face as she set her now empty cup on the counter. 

" Nothing like a morning coffee to get you up and awake!" She commented as I took small sips out of my own cup. I rolled my eyes at her. She didn't need the coffee for the alertness by now. Only for the caffeine addict that she happened to have. I set my cup down on the counter and looked at the clock. 

It wasn't as late as I originally thought it was. It was only about 10 o'clock in the morning. I felt a sigh leave my lips as I moved my way to the couch. Hanji followed behind me, grabbing the remote as she passed the table. I watched as she plopped down next to me on the couch and turned on the tv. She flipped to one of my favorite shows and snugged next to me. A soft smile covered my lips at the gesture. We sat there for quite a while, the silence not uncomfortable as the tv babbled on in the background. My phone ringing ruined the nice quiet atmosphere. 

" What?" I snapped as I answered it. I could hear the person on the other side of the line hesitate at the sound of my voice. 

" Levi" Petra asked, her voice a little worried and soft. I sighed, trying to keep my annoyance in check. 

" Hello Petra. Is something wrong?" I asked, watching Hanji look at me curiously. I heard soft chatter in the background and what sounded like water. 

" Well, we, meaning everyone at work, want to know if you want to come to the beach with us. Hanji too! " She asked me. I thought about it for a second. I didn't really have anything planned.