Chapter 12

Hanji ~

My joints popped as I stretched in my chair. It was a few minutes before work let out and I was ready to leave. My mind wandered, as it often did, to Levi. After that night in the kitchen, we had become a couple. Not many people knew. Erwin did, and he didn't seem as upset as I expected him too. Usually Erwin completely objects all the boys I date. The bell chimed and I stood, gathering my things. As usual, Levi stood by the door. I smiled at him and he rolled his eyes. Grabbing his hand I pulled him over to the display case and showed him a poster. He chuckles at me when I kept pointing. He looked and read the poster.

" A carnival?" He asked me and I nodded vigorously. I LOVED carnivals. The food, the rides, and the over all atmosphere. Levi looked at me and sighed. I gave him my best pouting face and he smiled.

"Fine then." He said and I squealed, throwing my arms around him. He just chuckled again and kissed me, stealing my breath. I would never get used to it. My face flushed and I felt Levi's lips curl into a smile. Biting my bottom lip, he pulled away watching my face darken further.

"This better be a good carnival." He said and I stuck my tongue out. He just wrapped and arm around my waist, steering me away from the poster. We stopped at the ice cream parlor. It became our place and we went there often. My eyes widened in shock. They were closed?! I pouted slightly. Great. The one place with the best ice cream ever is closed for god knows how long. 

"Turns out their freezer broke. It might not be open for a while. " He said

"Where to now?" Levi asked me. I bit my lips looking around the small stores when one caught my eye.

" The Wings Of Freedom!" I said and started to tug him too it. He just laughed and followed me. Pushing the door to the small store, I took it in. It was a cafe. The smell of coffee drifted and I felt a smile grow across my face. The cafe wasn't a big place yet it wasn't small. It was perfect for what it was meant for. There were stools, tables and other items for you to relax. My eyes traveled and brightened when I spotted a library. There were bean bags and small tables in the library so I assumed that drinks were allowed in there. My heart sped up and I bounced on my heels in excitement. Walking to the counter, a girl with blond hair pulled into a ponytail, looked up. Her name tag read Annie. I felt my lips pull into a friendly smile. The girl offered me a small one in return.

"What would you like?" She asked. A boy with sea green eyes and dark brown hair came out of the back. He gave us a crooked grin. Levi's arm wrapped around my waist as he scanned the menu. They had ice cream. My eyes brightened and I quickly ordered a mint ice cream. Levi ordered a cup of French Vanilla coffee and decided to share the mint ice cream with me. We sat down in one of the many tables. I swung my legs, for the chairs were high enough for me to do that. The whole cafe had homey feeling. I could relax here and just be me. I liked it here. Levi sat sipping his coffee in his normal way while I took a spoon and tried the ice cream. Damn. This was pretty good. Levi grabbed the spoon from me and took a bite. I felt a pout surface.

"Hey.." I said and tried to grab the spoon. Levi just smirked and held it further away. Narrowing my eyes, I reached across the table, trying to grab the spoon. Levi grabbed my arm and pulled me closer, planting his lips on mine. I felt my face flush, as usual, kissed back . While he was distracted, I snatched the spoon from him and pulled away.

"Hey! I wasn't done kissing you yet." He said frowning. I stuck out my tongue and helped myself to some ice cream. He took the spoon back and took a bite. Even though this was some damn good ice cream, my eyes traveled to the books. Letting Levi have the spoon, I stood and walked to the books. The multicolored spines called to me and I inhaled the sweet smell of pages and ink, along with the lingering smell of coffee. The section was bigger than I expected and I started to follow the bookcases back. Suddenly, I came upon a boy with blond hair, reading in one of the bean bags. A small shriek came out of my mouth and I jumped, surprised at the sudden appearance of the boy. His big blue eyes looked up in surprise and he lept up, clamping a hand down on my mouth.