Chapter 9

Y/N rushes into Jeff's hospital room as soon as visitor are allowed, clutching his hand as she gently cups his bandaged cheek. Tears stream down her cheeks as she rests her head on the bed, her entire body trembling.

"I'm so sorry Jeff. I should have worked harder to keep you safe. I failed you," She breathes softly.

"It's his own fault Y/N. You don't need to feel bad," Shelia spits. "God, his face is going to be disfigured!"

"That's what you care about?! Your son is lying in a hospital bed. He could have lost his life Shelia! It's a fucking miracle he's even lying there and not in the morgue!" Y/N screams at her.

"Shut up! Shut the fuck up! You're not part of this damn family and I'm sick of you butting in! You're not his mother or even his sister! You're some whore we felt sorry for! How long have you been banging him huh?! What about Liu?!" Shelia spits.

Y/N grits her teeth and jerks to her feet, grabbing Shelia by the collar of her shirt and jerking her close to her face.

"What if I'm screwing all of your boys huh? They love me more than they love you. I can take everything from you," Y/N spits. "Get the fuck out of here before I get really angry."

Y/N shoves Shelia back and returns to the seat by Jeff's bed, Shelia storming from the room as Y/N grabs Jeff's hand.

"That's so gross," Jeff manages to croak out.

"Got her to leave didn't it?" Y/N chuckles, gently grasping his hand.

"That nice act has melted away," Jeff chuckles, turning to Y/N and looking at her with his one good eye.

"It's not an act. She just pissed me off. Does it hurt?" She asks him gently.

"Honestly? I think I'm still experiencing the adrenaline or they have me on pain meds. It doesn't hurt," Jeff tells her. "What about the boys?"

"Parents will find out they cut themselves because they're obsessed with Slenderman," Y/N tells him with a shrug.

"Obsessed with...? Wait, you didn't?!" Jeff gasps.

"Maybe," Y/N tells him with a grin. "They can tattle but I can feign stupidity."

"If only it would actually summon him," Jeff laughs.

"I wish! Would be more than they deserve," Y/N laughs.

"There she is officer! She threatened me!" Shelia cries as she rushes in with two officers.

"Ma'am, we're going to have to ask you to leave," The officer says.

"I refuse," Y/N states.

"We'll be forced to arrest you," The officer says.

"I'll see you in a couple days. Be safe," Y/N says, kissing Jeff's forehead before standing up and holding out her arms.

The officers exchange glances but step forward and arrest Y/N, taking her away to the station. She spends the next couple days in jail before they release her since they had no charges. Y/N smiles in satisfaction and heads home, her eyes widening in shock when the house is surrounded by police tape. She rushes up the front steps and grabs the newspaper, her features paling in shock as she reads the news. She collapses on the front porch and weeps for Jeff and Liu, her heart aching in her chest. She screams and sobs as her body shakes, her head jerking up when the ringing of a phone catches her attention. It was impossible but not many people had the new number of the house. She scrambles up the front steps and into the house, fumbling for the phone and holding it up to her ear.

"Hello?" She asks.

"It's me," She hears, a relieved laugh leaving her lips.

"Holy shit! You scared the crap out of me Jeff!" She snaps. "Where's Liu? Is he with you?"

"He's in the hospital. I didn't want him to suffer too but I failed," Jeff explains.

"You two are trouble you know that? Where are you? Have you been eating?" Y/N asks.

"Y/N, are you insane?" Jeff snaps in annoyance. "I'm a murderer! I killed my parents and tried to kill my brother! I'd have done the same to you had you been at the house!"

"So? I don't give a shit. You're both alive and as well as you can be! That's what's important," Y/N snaps back at him. "Where are you? Don't make me track you."

The line is silent but eventually Jeff lets out a sigh and speaks again. "I'm in Arkansas."

"Figure out an address. I'm going to see Liu and then I'll be there okay?" Y/N says. "I'll bring clothes. What do you want?"

"My black jeans. Any shirt is fine. I'll be in my hoody most of the time anyway," Jeff tells her.

"Thank god I have extra credit cards. Find a convenience store and I'll wire you some money so you can eat okay?" Y/N tells him.

"I raided your stash. A panel in the floor? Really? You gotta hide it better than that," Jeff chuckles.

"Good. Behave and I'll see you soon," Y/N laughs, hanging up the phone. She packs a bag for herself and for Jeff before getting into her car and driving to the hospital.

She's surprised to find the police there, shocked to learn Liu was missing and suspected of murder. She buys a new phone and grabs her secret credit cards. She never knew when she might leave. She'd thought about it a million times. Leave and start a new life somewhere else. She had plenty of money saved for it. Her parents set aside an account for her with her inheritance. It was a few million and they told her it was all she was getting. She pretended to spend it all when she had actually moved it to an account only she knew about. Had it not been for Jeff and Liu she'd have left her life behind years ago.