Chapter 25

"Mmm," Y/N mumbles softly as she begins to stir.

Her entire body felt heavy and sore and it was hard opening her eyes. She blinks a few times as she stares at the white ceiling above her in confusion. Where was she?

"Hey sleepy head," Slender calls, chuckling when she looks so surprised. "You're okay. There was an issue and I needed to bring you to an actual hospital."

"What happened?" She asks, fumbling to get herself seated upright, hissing when she puts pressure on her injury.

She freezes and picks up her arm, staring with wide eyes at the missing half.

"You ended up with sepsis and they had to remove it. I'm sorry. It was that or your life," Slender admits.

"What's a missing half arm? I'll just wear a hook," Y/N mumbles, smiling when Slender snorts with laughter. "Thank you. I would have wanted it this way."

"I figured as much. How do you feel?" Slender asks.

"Like I've been hit by a truck," She says, resting back against her pillow.

"You'll feel it for a while but it'll get better with time. You'll need to stay a few days. Make sure the antibiotics get the rest of the infection," Slender explains.

"I have to stay?" She whines.

"Yes, yes, I know," Slender laughs. "But it's necessary. I'll remain here with you so you don't get lonely. Is there anything you need?

"I am thirsty. Some juice would be nice," Y/N smiles.

"You got it," Slender chuckles, getting to his feet. "I'll be back soon."

Y/N sighs when Slender leaves, looking around the room she's in. It was cold and uninviting. She looks to the door when the nurse comes in to check in on her, giving the woman a soft smile.

"Look who's up. How are we feeling?" She asks, giving Y/N a check over and her next dose of meds.

"Sore all over and still tired," Y/N tells her.

"That's alright it's to be expected. How's the arm feel?" The nurse asks.

"Weird. It's like I still have it," Y/N admits.

"Phantom limb. It'll feel like that for a while but you get used to it," The nurse smiles. "I'm going to change the bandage now."

"Okay," Y/N says, staring as the nurse works.

The nurse smiles patiently when Y/N can't help but look at her injury, gently taking her arm so she could clean and bandage it.

"There we go. Call if you need anything. Lunch is in an hour," The nurse says.

"Oh.....um," Y/N starts before pausing.

"Yes?" The nurse presses.

"I....need to go to the bathroom," I tell her.

"Oh! Absolutely," She says. "It'll be good to have you on your feet a bit. Just lean on me okay?"

The nurse comes to Y/N's good arm and helps her get to her feet. They slowly get to the bathroom, the nurse waiting outside the door until Y/N is done. She then helps her back to bed and finally takes her leave, Slender entering shortly after with a cup in his hand.

"Sorry, took me a bit to find the cafeteria," He tells her.

"It's okay. The nurse came in and changed everything," I tell him with a smile.

"That's good. Is there anything else you need?" He asks her.

"Nope," Y/N says with a smile. "Thank you."