Part Twelve

After saying quick goodbyes to Bobby and Joey, Sara flew down the highway toward the place where Dean and Sam were. It took about four hours, considering how fast she was going, but she ended up at a worn down looking house. She sprinted to the door, pounding on it with her left hand.

Sam opened it, pointing a gun before he saw who it was. His eyes widened when he made eye contact with Sara, who smiled at him cheekily.

"Heya, Sammy."

"Sara, hi," he said, dropping his gun behind him and pulling her into a hug. She was smaller than the last time he saw her, and he almost felt like she would break if he squeezed her too hard. "You... You lost weight?"

"Ah, yeah, I guess. Stress, you know." Sam pressed his lips together in a frown, taking her in. She watched him, not noticing as Dean stepped up beside Sammy.

"Hey, Sara," he said quietly. She had mixed feelings about seeing him, considering how hurt she was for so long. They had mended their relationship over the phone, but seeing him in person was different than she thought it was gonna be. To her surprise, Dean stepped forward and brought her into a tight hug. She was stunned for a moment, but returned it.

"Hey, Dean," she muttered into his jacket. When she pulled away, she looked to see John smiling at her from a table across the room. She returned the smile, but jolted slightly when she got a weird energy from him. She played it off as best as she could, looking back to the boys with a small smile on her face.

"You have lost weight." He looked her up and down, Sara shifting uncomfortably. He grabbed Sara's right hand, noticing the bandage. "What's this?"

Sara looked down at her hand, which had been cut open so many times she was unsure of how it would heal at this point. They had switched off hands each time she and Avery met, and Sara closed her left hand so Dean wouldn't see that barely-healed scar.

"Oh, that was a silly mistake. Got carried away cutting open a bagel."

"Klutz," he laughed, unwrapping the hand gently. His eyes widened slightly when he saw the injury. "Jesus, Sara, you should've gone to get stitches for this!"

She shrugged, taking her hand from his and wrapping it back up. Dean eyed her, but didn't say anything further. John and the boys began to have a conversation which she didn't quite listen to until Dean pulled his gun on his father. She gasped quietly, watching the chaos unfold. She was sure that whatever was talking through John wasn't actually John. Dean was hesitating to shoot, and Sara told him to do it. Dean looked sharply over at her, then looked back at his father. He still hesitated to take the shot, and John got a maniacal look in his eye.

"I thought so."

In less than a moment, the three were thrown to the sides of the room, held by an invisible force. Sara's head slammed into the wall, and spots clouded her vision for a good few seconds. John walked between the three, taking them in like roaches he was inclined to stomp.

He stopped at Sara, looking up at her with a sick smile on his face. "Well, John has a lot of thoughts about you, Sara Jacobs." She struggled in her spot, wanting anything but to hear what he was going to say next. "For example... That you're too weak to be a part of the hunters. You're weak, and you make up for it in recklessness."

"Go to hell," Sara spits, trying to break free from whatever was holding her.

"Aw, don't worry, Sar. I will. And you'll come with me, in time."

She tried not to let his words get to her, but she felt her heart rate pick up at the last thing he said.

"No one loves you, Sara. Not even yourself. Your brother only relies on you for protection, and these boys wish that they could be rid of you; just like Johnny boy in here does."

"Don't listen to him, Sara!" Sam groaned, straining as well.

"You're gonna die," Sara said quietly, a grin stretching her face. John's smile dropped slightly. "What, did I hurt your feelings?"

John raised his hand, and Sara's throat suddenly constricted. It felt as though somebody abnormally strong was squeezing her throat, and she opened her mouth trying to get a breath.

"Sara!" Sam and Dean yelled.

The spots yet again clouded her vision, and she kept eye contact with John as she faded out of consciousness.

"John is gonna feel the snap of your bones," John said menacingly, just as Sara lost consciousness.

She woke up again what felt like moments later, falling to the floor with a thud. Her vision went in and out of focus, and she saw Dean lying on the floor, blood pooling in his shirt.

"Dean!" Her voice came out raspy, but in her panic her vision cleared. She army-crawled over to him, barely listening as John and Sammy spoke. "Dean, Dean," She whispered, his eyes finding hers lazily. Sam had come over to check on Dean, commenting on the amount of blood he lost. He told him to go check on their dad, and he did.

"Dean, keep looking at me. We're gonna get you some help."

He reached up, wiping blood from under her nose. "Your nose is bleeding."

"Shut up," she said, taking off her jacket and pressing it to Dean's wound. She zoned in on Sam and John's conversation when she heard John begging Sam to shoot him. Her and Dean's eyes found the pair, eyes wide.

"Sammy, don't," Dean groaned. Sara's eyes trained on Sam's face, who looked like the weight of the world was on his shoulders. Her heart ached for him and for Dean, who was begging the opposite of what John was. Then, John opened his mouth and screamed. Thick, black smoke came pouring out of him, and Sara yelped and bent over Dean to cover him. When the smoke had cleared, the four of them looked around, and Sara listened as John groaned, obviously upset that the yellow eyed demon got away again.

At that, the four of them made their way to the car. Sam supported John, and Sara helped Dean as best as she could. She could tell Dean was doing his very best to not put too much weight on her, but she reassured him that she could take it.

She sat in the back with Dean, Sammy driving and John riding shotgun. The car was quiet as they drove. Sara held Dean's head in her lap, stroking his hair and telling him to stay awake. He did as he was told, looking up at Sara with an unreadable expression.

"Just hang in there, we're only about ten minutes from the hospital," Sam said, looking back briefly as he drove. Sara kept stroking Dean's head, John kept quiet, and Sam kept driving until a semi truck smashed directly into Sam and Sara's side of the car.