Chapter 4: Spending the Night?!

I ran through the halls of the emergency room to my office. I'm going to treat Van to dinner if he really did stay in my office this whole time.

I burst through my door to see yes Van is napping on my little sofa set. Well, at least he's not drooling on my stuff.

I turned on the lamp to watch my step. I know I'd run straight into the window if I didn't.

Groaning, I walked to my coach to wake him up. I raised a hand to smack his face but a soft snore stopped me. Studying Van's face, so peaceful and harmless. Not the face of someone out to kill someone for getting his twin sister pregnant. If I first met Van like this, I wonder what our relationship would be like. Friends? Or something more? I do find him very attractive and that scar give him the masculine look. At least he seemed like he could provide me with more happiness than Naruto did.

I snapped out of it right then there. I can't think of Van that way and besides, this is only the second time I saw him. He wasn't this charming the first time.

I smacked him in the face, causing him to nearly fall out of the chair. Fancy my butt.

"Hinata, when did you get back? Sorry, I was waiting and kinda dozed off," he apologized sitting up with a yawn and adjusting his black stripped tie.

I crossed my arms, "Security had to text me to come and get you or they were going to remove you."

"Now that wouldn't be fun," Van admitted with a chuckle.

"Why didn't you go to your fancy hotel for the night? I have to accept your offer no matter what so you don't have to worry about me rejecting your offer," I replied.

His brows furrowed, "My brilliant president forgot to send me the confirmation or the hotel's so."

"Is booking a motel too hard for you?"

"I'm a cheapskate," Admitted Van, "So I was wondering, with you being a doctor and everything and saving lives is what you do..."

I raised a brow, crossed my arms, and shifted my weight all on one leg.

"If you were willing to, so I don't freeze to death or catch pneumonia or something let me-"

"No," I said firmly. Seriously, the nerve of this guy.

"You didn't let me finish!"

"Do I really need to?" I hissed. "I'll help book you a hotel or motel or whatever but there is no way I'm letting you know where I sleep at night."

"Aww, come on," he drew his lip back in a pout, "How can you pass up such a sexy dog like me? Pleeeease!!!"

I chuckled, "More of a puppy."

"Puppies are cute!"

"I know, Van!" I groaned. "Why don't you sleep in the faculty lounge? We got like three beds in there."

"Because I already had the airport transport my luggage to your apartment," he smirked.

I blinked at him. Did he just say...

"How do you have my address?!" I demanded.

"It came with the packet," he said proudly. "They were more than happy to deliver it."

I narrowed my eye at him. I wonder if he knows I can throw him out the window or get him in jail...

"Let me stay at your house," he leaned forward, eyes looking up into my pale ones. "Wow, your eyes are unique. They're really, really pretty."

I nearly blushed at his comment, "You were in the middle of blackmailing me?"

"Right, or I'll let the media know who daddy is," his smirked, deepened.