Chapter 15: I'm Sorry Van

How would you guys feel if... I made a spinoff of this story? I'm sad to inform you that we're almost done with it.

So here's the spinoff. It's going to be focusing mainly on Kiba x one of the girls of SMOS. I'm not sure who quite yet but I'll let you know soon.

Be on the look out for more info!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My head fell on my desk with a loud thud. How did I ever get dragged into this. Naruto just literally told me to go to his house where there's only him and me for the night?

No it's only for dinner... right?

A cold surface touched my cheek, waking me up. I looked up to see a Mountain Dew can being handed to me. On the other end, Van's smiling face.

My brother really, really likes you, Valerie's voice rang in my ears.

Guilt raked my guts at the words. In the last few hours, I've only been worried about my feelings for Naruto and feeling warm because he still loved me that I completely forgot Van was still amazing and stuck to my side no matter what.

He must've returned from wherever his scouting profile told him to go. He never told me and we haven't spoken since the night of the dance. So the first thing I did was apologize for that.

"Sorry about the dance," I accepted the soda with a sad smile. "I had to leave early to help Hudson and Fletcher here."

He shrugged, "Don't worry about it. I got wasted, no thanks to Itachi and Sasuke."

"Poor Kiriko needs to care for the hungover Uchiha brothers now," I giggled.

"She cared for me, too actually," he took a sip of his Pepsi, leaning against the desk. "She's surprisingly good at it, too. Especially with mending a broken heart."

"Broken heart?"

Van nodded slowly, "I...I saw something that made me drink as much as I did."

I blinked, "What?"

"You're really going to make me say it, Puppy?" He turned around, his hands lightly gripping the edge of my desk after setting his Pepsi down at the edge.

"Yeah because I really don't know," I replied, not flinching.

Plus I'm curious.

"Let's think for a second, Puppy," he said, getting closer. "I'm in love with someone and I caught her dancing with the ex she loved so much back then."

Sounds familiar. But I thought he liked me. At least according to Valerie, he's heads over heels for me. Then what -

"Ohhh," I said as it dawned on me.

"Yeah," he nodded, his eyes flashing to my lips then back to my eyes.

"Shoot, I'm so sorry! That was insensitive of me..."

His vanilla cologne made my senses drunk but I don't want to do anything that give him ideas. He was leaning so close that a little mis-move, he'll catch it.

"I'm so sorry," I repeated.

His lips met mines barely and it felt so wrong.

I didn't pull back immediately. I've hurt him so much already, pulling back so suddenly...

He went in again when I whispered, "I'm so sorry."

He stopped, millimeters from meeting mines again. He pulled back, his eyes opening and looking at my pale eyes.