Chapter 26: Thank you, Hinata

Hinata's POV

"I'm going to change the channel, alright?" Naruto's whiskered cheeks wrinkled in disgust. "I have no idea why you're so obsessed with this show anyway. It's just about people with stupid powers and -"

"Hey," I rolled around so I'm facing my fiance's confused face. "Do not insult the Vampire Diaries. It is my life."

He chuckled, "I got that much but then your attention is never on me."

Since I was laying on his lap, turning away from him and to the TV was easy; especially since I'm trying to hide my embarrassed face.

"You have my attention every other minute of the day," I mumbled, mainly to myself.

"And I still can't get enough!" he exclaimed, his hands in the air.

The doorbell rang and he groaned, "You were saying about our time together?"

I sat up, "I'll get it."

"Thanks," he then laid down. "Shoo the person away so then we can have more NaruHina cuddle time."

Glancing at the figure of my lazy fiance one last time, I got up and headed towards his door. At least now we both don't have to worry about our secret relationship getting announced to public considering the face that the only things I ever hear if recognized at any shopping mall is, 'How is your relationship going? Do you guys do it everyday? Do you live with him? When is the wedding?'

Sakura just needs to make this really mean, glaring face and they'd disappear only to reappear outside in the parking lot.

I unlocked his door and opened it, "Yes?"

Outside stood a beautiful woman with jet black hair curled, almost similar to me but her giant sunglasses prevented me from seeing her eyes. She was wearing a maroon shoulder less shirt complete with dark short shorts underneath. I'm guessing she'd be about my height if she wasn't wearing the six inch black heels.

And here I am, just wearing a dark purple hoodie and sweats. Wow, I've gotten way too comfortable around Naruto.

"Excuse me but is this Naruto Uzumaki's house?" she asked

I nodded, "This would be it."

Removing her sunglasses, I was able to see her blue eyes for the first time. I'm not even sure if it's real or contacts because I'm still a little intimidated by her appearance overall.

"Ah, you must be his fiance," she smiled, allowing me to lower my guard just a tiny bit. At least she's not some crazy fan out to get me.

"Hinataaaaaaa!" Naruto's voice sang. "What's taking you so long?"

The visitor sighed, "I see he hasn't changed a bit."

"You know, Naruto-kun?" I asked.

She nodded, "We went to high school together before he transferred and everything."

So an old friend of Naruto's?

"Hinata!" he called again, only this time closer followed by his loud footsteps.

I turned to see him emerge into the hallway of the front door, when his eyes settled on the intruder; he stopped. The amount of life that was in Naruto's eyes a few minutes ago replaced with a cold hard look that frightened me as well.

So she isn't a welcomed guest or Naruto just hated her guts for some reason...

"Naruto," she put her sunglasses in the giant purse of hers. "It's been too long."