Chapter 8 Aldini Twins

After arriving at Totsuki Resort, the place where the Training Camp is being held, they can't help but be utterly amazed at the magnificent building before them.

"As expected from a rich school...they even have a great hotel like this one..." Yuki says in amazement.

"Totsuki is the parent organization of all the hotels and villas of the area." Shun says. "Dozens of Inns are managed by a brand named Totsuki Resort, there're a lot of cases of the academy's graduates finding employment on the cooking department of these resorts. Only during this season, they don't accept guests and they're used for the training camp."

After that, they walk into the hotel and head to the great banquet hall, and Soma notices Ikumi as he greets her. "Oh! Isn't that Nikumi?"

Ikumi tenses up after hearing Soma's voice, and Soma says, "It has been a while."

"Yukihira..." Ikumi is now stuttering, and Yuki asks, "Hey, Yukihira? Why are you calling her using her nickname?"

"Eh, but I have her consent, right? Nikumi?" Soma asks.

"Like hell you have it!" Ikumi yells back. "But you have to be careful, Yukihira."

And then Chapelle goes onto the stage as he says, "Good morning everyone, I will now give you a quick overview of this Cooking Camp. Today marks the first day of the Totsuki Institute Friendship and Team-Building Cooking Camp. It will last six days and five nights. Each day, you will be given an assignment that, in some way, relates to the culinary arts. These assignments differ every year. On this first day, all of the 980 students here will be divided into 20 groups. Once this presentation is completed, you are each to proceed to your designated area and join your group. Each instructor will set a baseline grade for each assignment. Any student, who does not meet that grade, will fail. Buses are waiting on hand to send these students back to the Institute immediately... Where they will be formally expelled. Speaking of your instructors, we have invited guest teachers to judge your work. Each guest has made time in his or her busy schedule to be here for this camp. Please welcome these Totsuki Institute Alumni."

Just then, a lot of alumni arrive at the place, but Soma only recognizes Dojima Gin, as he is the same year as his father. Soma thinks, "So they are either from the late 70th or early 80th generation..."

The one with the magenta hair and glasses, Shinomiya Kojiro, points at Soma and says, "You on the 9th line starting from the front. The boy with the scar on the eyebrow."

"Me?" Soma asks as he points himself, but Kojiro says, "Sorry, my mistake. The next one to him."

Soma looks at the boy next to him, and Shinomiya says, "You are expelled. You may go home."

The student is panicked, and Shinomiya says, "Your hair care product has a citrusy scent to it. That smell can easily overpower the fragrance of whatever you're cooking, not to mention it's a bit on the noxious side. Fashion is an important ingredient. If the chef is unfashionable, then dishes are that much less attractive. I suggest you choose unscented hair-care products in the future."

"Wait, expelled! For that one little thing?!" The boy yells, and Soma beats Shinomiya to it and says, "You can lose customers because of that."

"He is right, do you want to shut down my store?" Shinomiya says, and the student can only lower his head.

Soma thinks, "So Chef Shinomiya... He's the first Japanese chef to be awarded France's Plusol Award!"

He turns to the second chef and says, "Chef Mizuhara Fuyumi from the Italian Restaurant: Ristorante F... Sushi Restaurant: Ginza Hinowa's head chef: Sekimori Hitoshi..."