Chapter 39 Shokugeki with Eizan

The next morning, Azami begins his plan, as he decides to disband a lot of RS and establish the only one known as the Central. Of course, it also means that the Polar Star Dorm is going to be abolished as well, much to everyone's shock.

Soma says, "Eizan senpai. Well, let's not just stand around and talk. Please come in and have some tea."

After getting to the dining room, Soma says, "Didn't you say a while ago that you were gonna crush me? When do you think you'll be coming for me? So? Why does this dorm have to be abolished, too? I've heard that we are kind of like an independent state here. Does the Academy have a reason to feel we'll interfere with their decisions?"

Eizan says, "The reason is exactly that. Having an autonomous organization within the school, outside of Central's control, is a problem. One head is plenty. That is our decision."

He also shows the documents of which they must vacate, but Soma decides to ask for a Shokugeki with Eizan, and much to their surprise, they agree. But the truth is, Eizan already bribed the judges and caused a lot of students to lose the Shokugeki against him.

"This dorm...will it really be gone?" Yuki asks.

"It seems like it." Shoji replies.

"Ah man, I guess we're helpless, huh? Living the dorm life...it seemed long, but then, in the blink of an eye..." Yuki mutters.

"We've already been here for three and a half years, haven't we?" Megumi asks.

"Yeah, thinking back, a ton of stuff has happened, huh." Daigo replies.

As they continue to talk about their past in the dorm, they all feel sad because of the dorm. Soma clicks his tongue as he takes out the phone, and after that's over, Soma finds Eizan and he asks for a Shokugeki.

"Even if you make all your little friends back at the dorm cry? Even though you have your own little shop back home, you're not satisfied, huh? I know you love to save people and play the hero, but just give it up...there's a difference between courage and sheer recklessness, okay?"

Soma says, "I'm not doing for the guys back at the dorm. I'm doing this for myself. That's why you'll be accepting this Shokugeki. I won't let you destroy MY dorm."

As the news spread out, everyone is shocked to hear that Soma is challenging Eizan to a Shokugeki, and they have decided to make Jidori Chicken as the theme.

While they are checking the ingredients, Rindo rushes in and Eizan asks, "What are you doing here, Rindo?"

"It's Rindo senpai to you! You better remember your manners!" Rindo says.

"Shut the hell up! Only authorized people are allowed in here!" Eizan yells back.

"Yo, Yukihira Soma! Looks like you're getting yourself into trouble, like always." Rindo says.

"It sure has been a while, Rindo senpai." Soma says.

"That's just the thing! Everything's a mess! Because so many things in the school are changing due to Nakiri Azami's reformation. All the members of the Elite 10 have been crazy busy with paperwork and official business! All we do is work!" Rindo says. "Even so, that goddamn Kuga still hasn't shown up! And on top of that, there's you with all this Shokugeki nonsense! Thanks to that, all of Eizan's work got handed off to me! Stop doing stuff without realizing how much trouble you're causing everyone else!"

"Then why are you here?" Soma asks.

"Because I gave all the work to Tsukasa." Rindo replies.

"Well anyway, we still have a while before the Shokugeki begins, so if you need to make preparations, I'll allow you to do so." Eizan says as he leaves.