Chapter 54 Flashback with Elite 10 Part 3

"According to the data we got from Hayama-kun, their fifth seat is actually a new member of the Elite 10, she is called Shoko Kaburagi." Erina says, and Soma sighs, "She? I see..."

"So you know her?" Takumi asks.

"Let's say that before Erina gets into the Elite 10, she was supposed to be in the 10th seat." Soma sighs. "Our meeting is also an interesting one.

(Flashback)

Soma, in the Phantom disguise, is looking at the PE class in Totsuki School, as he notices a girl who is very good at sports as she taunts the others.

"Is that all that you've got? Did you all focus on cooking that you forgot to do some exercise? How pathetic." The girl yells at the others after her team manages to win the baseball game.

Soma looks into the phone and says, "Shoko Kaburagi...she is good at sports, and she is also good at making healthy and nutrient dishes...Though she seems to lost in the semi-finals against Kinokuni Nene in the Autumn Elections."

"Hey you!" Soma is still looking at the data until she sees Shoko looking at him. Soma asks, "Is something the matter?"

Shoko asks, "You're the so-called Phantom, right? Can you help us grab the ball?"

Soma looks up to see the ball stuck on the tree that he was leaning on, he sighs, "Sure."

Soma jumps into the air and grabs the ball that is stuck between the tree branches. After returning the ball, she says, "You must be very skilled in sports as well."

"Not really. I usually do sports so I will have the stamina for cooking." The Phantom says.

"If that's the case, I want to challenge you to a Shokugeki." Shoko says with confidence. "If I win, I will get to see what's under the mask."

"Are you sure about that? Not even the current Elite 10 members can beat me. What makes you think you can beat me?" Soma asks.

"Everyone only thinks about delicious dishes, but I'm different, not only do I focus on delicious meals, but also good for healthy meals as well. I won't lose when it comes to that."

"Very well." Soma says. "I'll accept the challenge. If you lose, then how about trying to apologize to those who you insulted?"

Shoko is confused as to why the Phantom wants her to do that, but she doesn't say anything as she accepts the Shokugeki.

In the end, they all go with the theme: Boiled Chicken Breast, Shoko goes with the Boiled Chicken Breast Salad, but Soma goes with the Bento, and eventually, Soma wins the match as Shoko kneels down.

After tasting Soma's dish, she says, "I can't believe you managed to grasp at the answer that I'm looking for..."

"What do you mean by that?" Soma asks in confusion.

"My dishes focus on being healthy, that's why I usually cut the number of other foods so that it will be balanced, but that won't be able to satisfy those who want a hearty meal. Your dish does it...and I can feel the satisfaction behind it. It is my loss."

"Your dish also tastes good, but just as you said, it won't be satisfying after just tasting it." Soma says. "How about I show you some of my healthy Bentos for you to use?"

"That will be nice." Shoko nods.

(Flashback Ends)

"She was also one of the members that I suggest to become the Elite 10 member, but with Erina transferring to High School, she decides to leave the position because of her personal reasons." Soma says.