Chapter 20 The Preliminaries Part 2

Hayama is the next in Area A, as one of the judges, Makito Minatozaka, asks, "Your dish was a "Fish head curry" correct? It's a curry where you can enjoy the most delicious parts of the fish, the eyes and the cheeks. It's an exciting dish where you serve the entire head."

But much to the judge's surprise, it is rather small and there is a lid made of Nan on it.

"Eat it by pressing the spoon on the Nan so that it falls into the dish." Hayama says as he throws a spoon to Soma, who catches it and tries out the dish Hayama made for him. But just as he does what Hayama wants, the aroma explodes as it reaches up to even the stands. Under the lid, the head's flavor has melted into the splendid curry that is even more delicious than it was already. Mix with the Roux with the nan, and it is just like the Pot Pie Soup that originated from French.

"There's Holy Basil...and he uses the fresh leaves!" Natsume says in shock.

Holy Basil is a spice considered sacred in south Asia, smelling it sends a sweet sensation running through the body, as it is valued as "God's secret wonder drug" In Ayurveda.

"Fresh Holy Basil isn't really distributed in Japan...getting ahold of it is incredibly difficult!" Natsume says in shock. "Just how did you get it?"

"We cultivate it all year round in our seminar." Hayama replies. "The cultivation method is a secret."

After hearing the students say about the seminar, Natsume realizes that they mean the authority in terms of spices, Professor Shiomi Jun. Soma tastes it and also thinks that there is something else, and he asks, "You added Yogurt, huh?"

"Correct, Yukihira. Holy Basil is really peculiar in that it might run the rest of the spices if you make one false step, but you can make it mild by using yogurt." Hayama says.

After tasting, Natsume asks, "Hayama-kun, won't you become mine? What should your annual salary be? Name your price, one hundred million? Two?"

Hayama says, "Sorry, but I fight for Jun. That's all there is to it."

As for Hayama's score, it is at the top with 94. Kurokiba Ryo mutters, "Milady will get mad at me...well, I just have to do my best in the main tournament..."

And much to everyone's surprise, there are two judges who give Hayama a perfect score, and Erina, who is standing in the VIP area, is quite surprised.

"He got the perfect score not even Nakiri Alice could have. A true masterpiece." Isshiki appears besides Erina and says.

"Why are you here? What about the judging in Block B?" Erina asks.

"Fufu, I left someone to deal with the last few things." Isshiki sasy.

"Besides, this room is supposed to be off-limits to unauthorized people." Erina yells as she refers to Fumio, who is also there.

"Well, well. I let it slide as part of my role as a dorm mother." Fumio says.

"Besides, did you also come to Area A to see how Soma-kun will fare?" Isshiki asks.

There's no way!" Erina yells, but they divert their attention as Soma is the next one to come on stage. Soma places the dish in front of Hayama and says, "Here, this is your portion, Hayama!"

Hayama notices Soma's face and says, "What's with that face?" He thinks, "This is a guy who didn't even know a fundamental spice, "Curry leaf" until a month ago. Why is he smiling? After eating my curry?"

"Well, I just thought that my idea wasn't all that bad after all." Soma says as he takes off the lid, which turns out to be an Omelet.

Everyone is confused since Soma was making Risotto, but Soma just takes out the spoon and reaches it into the air. "This is it. The second Aroma Bomb!"