Chapter 16 Return of the Golden Age

After getting back from the Training Camp, Soma decides to go back to the Sumiredōri Shopping District during the summer vacation. While he was there, he decides to reopen his own Yukihira Diner for a short amount of time. When he gets there, he notices that the Shopping District is under crisis because of a Karage Store, so with the help of his childhood friend Mayumi and a friend from Totsuki, Ikumi Mito, they create the Sumire Karage Roll to stop the Karage Store.

Right now, Soma is back to Totsuki, he notices that Megumi is having a happy face and he asks, "Tadokoro? Why are you happy so much?"

Megumi smiles at Soma and says, "Look, Soma-kun! In yesterday's cooking production class, I got an A!"

After showing the test paper, Soma smiles, "Congratulations, Tadokoro."

"Thanks, my first A in the high school division was thanks to Soma-kun, but this is the first time I got an A for myself. That's why I'm so happy!"

"I see, good for you." Soma says, "And it sure is the first time I'm seeing Tadokoro in such high spirits as well."

Ryoko comes and says, "Anyway, Megumi, you've been working really hard lately, you're all energetic in classes, too."

"Yes, I feel great." Megumi replies. "I may have gained some confidence after surviving the Training Camp."

Then Megumi is asked by Isshiki to have a Ping-pong Match, which Megumi accepts as they have such a fierce match, and at the same time, Isshiki also reveals that both Megumi, Soma, Ibusaki, and Marui are elected into the Autumn Election.

"Looks like we did it, Tadokoro, let's do our best." Soma says, but he realizes that Megumi is back to her timid and nervous self.

Yuki and Ryoko are sad they aren't chosen, but Isshiki tells them not to worry as there are still 20 more vacant and maybe they will be in one of them.

Soma is now walking in the forest as he thinks, "Autumn Election...I wonder it would be harder than the times I fought with the Elite 10...it would be a great thing that I try a new dish in my own kitchen..."

But before he can leave, he is surrounded by a group of people. Soma asks, "What's up with you?"

"You're Yukihira Soma, right? Come with us." A student says, and Soma just doesn't say anything as he goes with them.

When he walks into the room, he sighs, "If it isn't the Ninth seat: Eizan Etsuya?"

Eizan says, "You're finally here. Sumire's Karage Roll was a pretty interesting dish. I was the one who produced and did the branding for Mozuya's expansion to Tokyo. I've heard that you rebuilt the Shopping District. And this is why I call you here. Work under me, if you do, that'll make it so that you never miss a meal."

"My goal is to succeed my family's restaurant. So I have no intentions to work under anyone else." Soma says with a cold tone.

"Ha, well, I thought you wouldn't join me, you said those kinds of things, too, huh?" Eizan says. "You're bound to your own little box, the kind of cook that is satisfied as long as he can proclaim his true artisan spirit. It's only a poor and boring shop, am I wrong? Was your will pulled down because you were born in such a house, hey?"

Soma glares at the chef, and he says, "That's sure are some comments you were making. But aren't you a cook as well?"

"No, I'll subdue every cook, the scenery we're looking at is different." Eizan says as he stands up from his seat. "Sorry for taking your time, you can go back. I've decided. The Autumn Election will be the end of your "Upstart". I won't forgive anyone who dirties my career."