Chapter 32 Final Week Stagiaire Part 1

Megumi has passed the second stagiaire as she is now walking to her final one, as she arrives at Sumiredōri Shopping District. She says, "According to the address, it is on the street..."

Megumi is still finding the restaurant as she finally finds the number. But as she looks up to the sign, she gasps in surprise, "EHHHHH!"

The sign is no other than Yukihira's Diner, the place where Soma worked before. "Soma-kun's...diner? That's my Stagiaire place?"

"Tadokoro!" Just then, the door opens and Soma just walks out of the diner. "I see you are my next partner of the Stagiaire."

"Soma-kun? But...what..." Megumi mutters in shock, and Soma says, "I was also shocked at first, to think my restaurant would be a part of my Stagiaire. But that's fine for me, to me, it feels like I am just back to my own business. Why don't we come in and talk?"

Megumi can only nod as they get inside the diner, seeing how normal it is, she asks, "Soma-kun...where is your father? Is he not home?"

"The truth is, my Dad is traveling around the world, as usual, you know, the wandering chef." Soma sighs. "That means there are going to be the two of us preparing the stagiaire for this one."

"The two of us? Managing a restaurant?" Megumi panics, "But...I..."

"We don't have time for small talks for now." Soma says as Megumi realizes that the crowd is already gathering outside of the restaurant. Soma greets everyone and says, "Well, the restaurant will be open for a week for now."

Megumi panics at how many people are there, and Soma says, "Tadokoro, I might need your help with this. Those people are waiting, and make sure they have everything they need set on their tables!"

Megumi takes a breath and says, "Right! I'm coming."

But before she can just take the orders, she notices that Soma is already cooking, she asks, "Soma-kun? Aren't you going to take their orders?"

"I've been serving these people since I was 3, so I know exactly what they want." Soma says as he prepares the dishes, and he also notices the surroundings and says, "If you can help me out, those people over there are new customers, and they might need to take some orders."

"Okay. I'll do it." Megumi says as she leaves.

One of the customers asks Soma, "Soma-kun, who is she? Is she your girlfriend?"

"You can say so. And she is here for the Stagiaire, somehow our restaurant has become one of the Stagiaire places for Totsuki Academy." Soma says.

"For real?" The other customers are very happy to learn the news, and Soma continues to cook for them.

After the last customers leave, Soma closes the store for a while and Megumi asks, "Are you closing already?"

"Well, we have lunchtime hours and dinner time hours, right now the lunchtime hours are done, we have some time before we get the dinner time hours." Soma says. While we are having a break, how about I show you around my room?"

"Soma-kun's room?" Megumi blushes a little as she is a little curious about the place where Soma lives for these years.

After looking into the room, Megumi notices how normal it is, and she also notices the picture of young Soma and his family. This is the first time she sees Yukihira Tamako in the picture, and she asks, "Soma-kun...I know it is not good to ask this, but can you tell me a bit more about your mother?"

Soma frowns a little and says, "Sure, she is a nice mom that you can ever have. Unlike me, both my Dad and my Mom were students of Totsuki when they are just Junior High Students, but my mom has been discriminated by a lot of students since they treat her as the "Person who came from a small diner." She might appear to be optimistic, cheerful, and sociable, but deep down inside, she is hurting. That's why she decides to become the Phantom to get her revenge on those who mocked her by using Shokugeki."