Chapter 19 The Preliminaries Part 1

Everyone is amazed at the building where they are going to have the Autumn Elections, except for Soma, who has already been here before.

"Soma-kun!" Megumi calls out to the boy, who turns around and smiles, "Tadakoro! You were already here? How was your summer break?"

"Well, I think I'm well-prepared for this." Megumi says, and she is hugged by Yuki and Ryoko as they all meet up with each other.

"Your fingers are dyed with the faint aroma of spices." Just then, Hayama Akira appears behind Soma, who turns around and faces him.

"It seems you've worked quite a bit." Akira says.

"Yeah, I wanted to let you eat an extraordinarily good curry." Soma says with a smirk.

After Hayama leaves, Takumi is the next to come as he yells, "Yukihira!"

"Oh, Takumi, long time no see." Soma greets the Half-Italian boy.

"I'm going to say it once more! I'm your true rival-" But Soma cuts him off as he sees a person unfamiliar to him next to Takumi. "Wait a second, who is that guy next to you?"

"That's Isami of course." Takumi says, and everyone is shocked to see how thin he is right now. Takumi asks, "What's wrong with it? Isami loses weight when he gets fatigued due to the summer's heat."

"This is because of Summer heat fatigue?" The others are surprised, and Isami says, "I've stabilized already, so it's fine. My body goes back to normal through Autumn and Winter."

But just then, the lights are off as Senzaemon is going to have a speech for the opening of the elections.

"When I breathe in this place's atmosphere, I can feel my heart and body being surrounded by vitality. This venus is also known as "Chandra's Room", by and large, it is only used for Shokugeki "Between members of the Elite 10"."

Soma thinks, "Yeah, even me as well..."

"To honor all of the people who have been in possession of the first seat, it's our tradition to hang their portraits here."

Soma looks at the paintings and notices that both the 70th and 71st are the same person, who Soma thinks is the third seat when his father is the second while his mother is the fourth. Soma also sees Shinomiya's picture on it as well. But much to their surprise, even the Phantom's painting is hung on the wall as the 89th to 91st is there.

"Many great matches and many special ties were born here, for that very reason, they linger here like sediment, the continuous memories of battle! And the Autumn Elections "Main Tournament! Will be held here."

After the speech is over, Soma asks, "Did you want to say something? Takumi?"

"Just forget about it." Takumi sighs as he completely misses the thing to say.

And as the rules continue, there are 50 participants in each group, and only 4 of them will advance to the quarter-finals. And much to everyone's surprise, the judges of the elections are no other than the Sendawara Sisters, who reign over the curry market with an annual income that's said to be 200 billion yen, which is what led them to be called the Curry Queens.

"Listen well, this country's curry industry went through a great expansion during the post-war period, by now, curry has completely matured and become something loved by all citizens! This current state bores me. I'm looking for it! As a manager as someone who loves curry, I'm looking for an idea that will open up the future of Japanese Curry. Now show me! A curry dish that will make me shudder!" The older sister, Natsume says.

In the competition area, Ikumi is not fazed at the high standard as he is cooking, as for Kurokiba, he ties his headband on as he starts to become very energetic. Soma smiles and says, "Well, looks like Kurokiba is not holding back, huh?"