Secret Origins

Daxam has always been a peaceful planet, technology advanced, a thriving civilisation with a rich culture in all aspects. Located in Frontier Space, Daxam was a marvel in wonders. With a society based around science and looking to better themselves, one would believe they were the perfect planet. Though there was one aspect that many on the planet stood by which meant they were isolated from bigger galactic governments. Daxam was xenophobic to all outsiders and alien species, any species that wasn't Daxam was seen as an enemy of the planet. People didn't know what started the views, nor why they hated alien species, but it had become a viewpoint every inhabitant of Daxam had adopted. Well, all except one. 

(Y/N) (L/N)

From a very young age (Y/N) had been obsessed with butter space. Asteroids, stars, black holes, he used his father's scientific instruments to monitor them all, hoping to catch some glimpse of an alien life form. But to no avail. (Y/N)'s father, (F/N), was a head scientist and prolific leader on Daxam. Sadly, (M/N) had died when (Y/N) was quite young, so he grew up with the harsh leadership and ways of his father. (F/N) made sure that the youngest of Daxam knew to fear all that come from the sky, museums depicting aliens enslaving the planet, destruction across the universe. All in the name of peace for Daxam.  

(Y/N) was now at the age of 22, looking to contribute to Daxam society in his own. While Daxam was built on technology and science, there was more ancient part to the planets history, that (Y/N) attempted to uncover. 

Old ruins, which could be compared to temples. Falling apart, dilapidated though still had a tech spin on them. It was the type of temple one would see in movies, though lacking the traps. (Y/N) was dressed in a grey protective suit, with a pair blue lensed goggles around his forehead which were used to document everything of his discovery. A large backpack strapped to him, having a large light which lit the way for his discovery. 

"Amazing" the young man spoke out loud looking over the ancient runes and writing. "These seem to date back before the age of reclamation" ages was how Daxam spaced out their history. With said age being when the native Daxamites took back cities that were overrun with animal and plant life. "These could be-" (Y/N) wiped his hands, trying to brush off thick layers of dust and cob-webs. 

The runes showed something rather peculiar. What appeared to be ancient Daxamites, all kneeing before a being that defiantly wasn't a Daxamite. (Y/N) made sure to being the goggles over his eyes to maker sure they were capturing what he was seeing. It seemed to be a small being with similar features to that of a Daxamite, though with long flowing robes and levitating in the air without the use of any technology. In the hands of the mysterious figure was an object, though (Y/N) couldn't make out what exactly the item was as it scratched off, most likely by some animal that had wondered into the temple. 

"Astonishing" he whispered to himself, though the upper corner of the left lensed distracted him slight as it blinked indicating someone was trying to communicate with him. Blinking rapidly three times, (Y/N) answered it, knowing exactly who it was. 

"(Y/N), where are you?" the concerned voice of (F/N) asked, a small image popping up in the corner. "Your missed your appointment with the Technicians Guild" he continued to berate his son. 

If one wanted to obtain a high status on Daxam, they would need to enlist with a specific guild which would be based around their skill set. There were a total of six different guilds, with them being, The Religious Guild, Science Guild, Lawmakers Guild, Military Guild, Artisans Guild and Technicians Guild. 

(Y/N) knew no matter what lie he told his dad would find out. "I'm investigating some of the ruins near Fire Falls, Father" (Y/N) answered while rubbing more dust off of the inscriptions. Fascinated that no one had seemed to discover or report these findings.