Heir Apparent

The Interceptor was flying through space, the new team of five now looking for ways on how to combat the Red Lantern threat. Though everyone was still quite astonished by Aya, who was once again assembling herself. (Y/N) had started to wrap his head around what Aya was exactly, an artificial intelligence who wanted to be more active in Green Lantern protocols. Though (Y/N) had seen enough motion pictures when an artificial intelligence gains sentience and proceeds to rise up against their creator. 

"I'm getting more comfortable in my human/robotic form everyday" the female AI stated as her parts fell from the ceiling yet again. "I can now assemble myself in 2.1 seconds" she added as her face was created. 

Kilowog stood before the newly assembled form, "And up until two days ago you weren't much more than a real smart disembodied voice" then both Hal and (Y/N) walked into the room, (Y/N) exhausted from his construct training. "You two back me up here".

"Any girl who can get ready in less than 3 seconds has my stamp of approval" Hal remarked with a smile and crossed arms. Making (Y/N) give the human a questionable look. 

"Anyway I can now maintain a decent sized construct for three and a half minutes" (Y/N) said with a smile, leaping over the circular couch to take a seat. "I'd day my training is coming along nicely". 

"Yeah" Kilowog laughed, the Daxamites comment making him laugh. "Soon you'll actually be ready for my training" he pointed towards himself with a thumb. "Jordan can vouch, he'll be begging for us to take that gauntlet off ya. You just gotta get some proper combat under ya belt" he added. 

"Speaking of gauntlet" Razer butted in, leaning against a nearby wall with an impressed look. "That device is quite bulky, wouldn't you benefit from having a simple Green Lantern ring?" he inquired. 

While (Y/N) had grown accustomed to Razer's edginess. Though he wasn't entirely comfortable with sharing a ship with the enemy, even though Hal and Kilowog were semi alright with it. "Ganthet actually taught me this" (Y/N) said bringing the gauntlet up to his side and his left hand over it. "So what was it?" he asked himself. "Middle" he pressed the green circle below his middle finger. "Thumb" again, he pressed the corresponding button. "Then pinky" he pressed the final button, though everyone waiting for a split second as nothing happened. 

"I'm sorry" Razer spoke up again. "Were we supposed to be impressed with the fact your species is able to press buttons that do absolutely nothing?"

"Okay, okay" (Y/N) said shacking his left hand in frustration. "I just got it wrong, middle" again he pressed it. "PINKY" he put heavy emphasis on that as he pressed it. "Then thumb" he finished. Unlike before, the gauntlet lit up. Then a metal flipped inside of itself, again, and again. The gauntlet folded in on itself taking everyone by surprise, soon the gauntlet had folded up completely. Now in the form of a thick green   bracelet along his wrist, with the GL Corps symbol on the front. "The down side is I need to press the symbol to unfold it again. Probably why they moved towards rings". 

"Better than a thick glove" Kilowog remarked, slightly amazed by how the ancient tech was still usable in such a way. 

Aya's eyes then lit up blue, "My sensors have located the energy signature of a Green Lantern Power Ring, approximately 18.2 teraquads from us" 

Everyone the stepped inside the bridge, (Y/N) confused by what a teraquad was. 

"Great work Aya" Hal complimented taking the captains seat. "Plot a course directly to that signal, we're doing a little recruiting". 

"Which if successful will bring the total of your Green Lantern force to three" Razer said with disappointment causing (Y/N) to look at him with a questionable look. "You're a Rookie, you don't count. Atrocitus will be shaking in his boots"