Homecoming

(Y/N) found himself blinking in and out of consciousness, only hearing small amounts of conversations namely from the guards. Discussing the war and battles to come, (Y/N) pulled himself onto the bed that was in the cell. His body felt heavy, as if all the energy was drained from his body as he felt a few droplets of sweat drip down his forehead. (Y/N) felt his breathing being heavy, two guards were turned away but quickly stood at attention as Atrocitus himself walked into the room, his feet clanging against the metal floor, (Y/N) looked up at the red alien as he walked into the cell, a smirk present on his face. 

"How even the mightiest of Green Lanterns tremble in my mere presence" Atrocitus praised himself, looking down at the weak (Y/N). "How does it feel Daxamite?" Atrocitus asked, lifting (Y/N) up by his collar and breathing into the young mans face. 

"Well it smells like you need to brush your teeth more often" (Y/N) joked, even in the face was death he was defiant. In anger Atrocitus threw at the back of the cell, his back hitting the wall and the Daxamite crying out in pain. (Y/N) used his shaking hands to push himself up, not to his feet but enough to look at the Red Lantern Leader. 

"In your weakened form, I could snap your spine like a twig" Atrocitus threatened, taking a step forward making a fist. Red energy curling around his fist, then quickly dissipating. "But I think not" he added. "When Oa is in ruins, and the Guardians lay dead beneath my feat. I shall use your DNA to find your planet of origin" Atrocitus then began to walk out of the cell, the laser bars activating behind him. "To make sure no one shall stand in my way" he finished, returning to the control bridge. 

Those words awakened something within (Y/N), he knew he couldn't lay there anymore, he had to do something. (Y/N) knelt besides the bed in the cell, and gently pressed along the white tiled wall, his fingers skimming along the gaps. He was searching for something, something that should assist in him getting out of here. (Y/N) had studied this ship in its entirety, he knew ever inch, every schematic, every wire and station down to the colours. And he knew within the cell that was a ventilation duct big enough to squeeze through, designed for species who may come from more warmer or colder planets. 

As his hands skimmed along the edges of the panels, (Y/N) suddenly stopped when he remembered the two guards who were present on the other side of the bars. Even though they were turned around, if they looked for even the briefest moment everything could be ruined. (Y/N) had to bide his time, he took a seat on the bed. Closed his eyes, and thought a viable plan. 

It wasn't long before the Interceptor touched down on Oa, Atrocitus and Zilius Zox made sure to make a passing gloat as they left to deal with the Guardians. A handful of guards left with them, leaving only one to guard (Y/N), perfect. As the guard was distracted, playing around on some datapad on his right arm, (Y/N) went back to the fall. Attempting to pull off any panel he could find, each one was stuck to the wall until he found it. A single panel which was more loose than the others, although it was still quite stuck on there. 

(Y/N) placed his left leg on the wall, mustering up every last vessel of strength he had left to try and make this panel move even a little. The creaking of metal could be heard, but the guard seemed to pay no attention. (Y/N) closed his eyes tight and gritted his teeth, with all his might the metal panel was pulled off with a loud creak, getting the instant attention of the guard. 

"Hey you!" he called out, raising his energy weapon and preparing to fire as the green energy bars of the cell lowered. 

(Y/N) smiled, giving a two fingered salute. "See ya" he answered back, quickly crawling into the tight vent avoiding two more blasts. Luckily, the guards thick armour meant he was too big to crawl after (Y/N) allowing the Daxamite to execute his plan. These vents lead to specific parts of the ship, the Interceptor itself was only meant as a prototype so it did have some flaws. Hilariously, (Y/N) could hear ramblings from the guard about how he was gonna disappoint Lord Atrocitus.