Regime Change

Hal Jordan was pressing buttons along his console, readying to call the Guardians. The crew of the Interceptor had regained their composure and needed answers, specifically regarding the Red Lantern claims of the Guardians destroying a whole Sector. Although the call would be one way, where the Guardians could see only Hal and other crew member. (Y/N) made sure to keep his back turned away from the hologram, only Ganthet knew he had the Gauntlet. 

"Green Lantern of Sector 2814, what is the reason for this call?" the singular Guardian asked, his voice clearly possessing great confidence in himself. 

"According to the files Aya downloaded there's a massive Red Lantern fleet heading to Guardian space" Hal started out. "Naturally we're wondering if you and the res of your blue man group have a plan" although it was a joke, Hal's voice was deadly serious. 

"We're deploying the Corps to defend against the invasion"  the Guardian known as Appa Ali Apsa responded as if it was nothing, which alarmed everyone on the ship, especially Hal. 

"What? You went right into attack mode?" Hal questioned. "Did you actually read my report or just skim it?" there was the Hal Jordan cheek that (Y/N) was starting to get used to. 

"rest assured, your report was submitted to the council and taken into consideration. What is your point?" the Guardian asked with a raised eyebrow. 

"My point is, the red Lanterns are convinced that your army of robot assassins, the Manhunters, slaughtered their citizens and annihilated their entire sector" Hal went on to explain the whole situation. "They think it was a calculated attempt to wipe them out!"

"Yes, a dramatic and emotional story to be sure" the Guardian responded, his voice holding a non-emotional tone. "Atrocitus is merely using propaganda to rally his troops" 

"But if this whole invasion is based on lies, wouldn't that be a reason to try diplomacy?" Hal suggested, actually being the voice of reason for one of those rare times. "If we could convince them of the truth-" 

"Do not presume to question us, 2814" the Guardian snapped, cutting Hal off. "The Guardians are the greatest minds of the universe and have come to this decision as one" he said, crossing his arms like a child who didn't get what they want. 

Suddenly, over by Kilowog a beeping could be heard. "Jordan, you've got to hear this" Kilowog explained. 

"We have picked up an SOS signal, originating from planet Betrassus" Aya added, turning in her seat to face the captain. 

"2814, what's going on? Explain-" 

This time however, it was Hal who cut off the Guardian, "Sorry got to take his. we'll finish later" Hal said as he pressed a few buttons on his control pad. Replacing the Guardian, was a hologram of Green Lantern, Queen Iolande. 

"This is Queen Iolande of Betrassus we are under attack by Red Lanterns and desperately need immediate assistance" she sounded worried, her face showed fear. "Please Come" she finished, as a blast could be seen and the signal was cut off. 

(Y/N) said in his seat and manned his controls, eyes narrowing as the Interceptor flew around and getting ready for a fight. Hal looked to (Y/N) nodded, everyone knew this would be a place where they make a stand against the Red Lantern threat. 

(Timeskip)

The Interceptor entered the planets atmosphere and flew down towards the main city of Betrassus, the light pink sky and medieval like architecture familiar to the Lanterns as the ship drew closer. Leaving the ship hovering above the city, Hal, Kilowog, (Y/N), Razer and Aya all flew out the main ramp, and flew towards the palace. Hal flew slightly closer to (Y/N), seeing the Daxamites stern and concentrated expression.