Lost Planet

The Interceptor and it's crew were making their through space to locate potential assets against the Red Lanterns. Though their recruitment wasn't going as planned, they were still hopeful. Though at the moment Kilowog was going through his strict measures;

"All right you jack wagons, sound off like you mean it" he called out to the entire crew who looked at the Borlovaxian. "Aya?" he asked to the AI.

"Present" she emotionally responded. 

"Razer?" though the edginess of Razer only allowed him to respond with a 'heh'. "(Y/N)?" 

Being as cautious and nervous as he often was, (Y/N) gave a full on salute. "Here, uh Kilowog sir" he blurted out trying to be respectful. 

Kilowog nodded with a smile, seeing the Daxamite slowly getting whipped into shape. "Jordan?" looking over, one could see that Hal was using his ring to create a game. Where two flat panels hit a small ball back and fourth, creating a 'pong' sound as they hit. Pong, huh, pretty cool name for a game. "Jordan?" Kilowog asked again, this time a little louder. 

"Whoa" he was snapped back to reality and ceased his constructs. "Kilowog, there are only five of us. And we're all here" Hal suggested, gesturing to the rest o the crew.

"We maybe half a universe away from OA, but that doesn't mean we can't maintain a little discipline" Kilowog suggested with fists on his hips. 

"Discipline's overrated and I called this meeting so we could assess our situation" the human replied leaning on the control. 

"Easy, we'll dead within a month" Razer declared, his edginess reaching a whole new level. 

"Thank you for that captain killjoy" (Y/N) mumbled to himself so one would hear, still a little afraid of what the Red Lantern would do. 

"How about we leave the tactical analysis to Sergeant Kilowog" Hal replied to the edge lord, not hearing (Y/N). 

Kilowog sighed, "That's right, we're in deep Umtec Splat. Just when things look hopeful we lose our newfound Green Lantern Iolande cause she won't leave home" Kilowog began walking round to take his seat. "So it's two Green Lanterns and a rookie fighting the entire Red Lantern invasion" 

Though (Y/N) raised his hand to speak, "What is Umtec Splat?" he asked rather nervously, not wanting to get on anyones bad side. "Is it bad? Like I'm still learning genuine question here" though before Hal could open his mouth Aya cut in. 

(Leave your guesses to what Umtec splat is cause I have no idea)

"Pardon my interruption, but I've completed my search for the late Shyir Rev's power ring" her station then showed a hologram of a Green Lantern who's face looked like a cross between some sort of squid and goat. "There is good news, and there is bad news" 

'Oh boy' 

"Let's hear the good news" Hal responded. 

"The Ring's signal emanates from a nearby planet" Aya's hologram then stopped showing. 

"Outstanding, must have found a replacement GL, could be another recruit for us" Hal said with hope clearly in his voice. "Change course immediately" the captain ordered as the ship steered off. 

"Since no else is gonna ask, what's the bad news?" (Y/N) asked the AI.

"The planet in question will be hit by that asteroid in 5.2 minutes" then startling everyone, a moon sized asteroid flew past the Interceptor hurdling through space. 

"I say we blow that thing apart before it hits" the military sergeant suggested. 

"Due to the asteroid's huge mass my cannons will have no impact, even at full power" Aya gave even worse news.