Flight Club

Aboard our favourite Green Lantern ship the Interceptor, we see our fabled Captain Hal Jordan, walking around his ship as his frustrations grew. He was looking for something, something which appeared to disappear without a trace. 

"Are you sure none of you have seen it?" Hal asked quite loudly, as he walked onto the bridge getting the attention of everyone. "It's a Lantern Battery for crying out loud. It's not like it grew legs and ran off" he said as he looked under some control panels. 

"I can't believe you Jordan" Kilowog as he spun in his chair. "First you forget to charge your ring, and now you lose your battery like some rookie" the Sergeant scolded, standing to his feet. 

"HA" (Y/N) laughed out, with his arms behind his head. 

"What could you possibly fund enjoyable in this?" Razer asked, with his trademark crossed arms and unamused face. 

"Imagine having to use a battery to charge a ring" the Daxamite answered with a smirk as he saw Hal still looking. "In fact imagining needing to charge a ring in the first place?" he continued. 

Razer only rolled his eyes, "Are you seriously bragging about a Gauntlet, that anyone can appear to use?". 

"What can I say?" (Y/N) said activating his gauntlet and it unfolding over his arm. "With this thing, I'm a bit of a powerhouse" he added, deactivating that gauntlet. "In more ways than you know" (Y/N) whispered as so Razer wouldn't hear him. 

"I am receiving an incoming transmission from OA" Aya spoke up before anyone could continue, with her eyes glowing blue. "Guardian Appa, Ali, Apsa".

"Oh I'm just gonna" (Y/N) said nervously as he scooted his chair against the wall so the Guardian wouldn't see him through the holo-cameras. "Just gonna move, over here" he finished. 

"After what he did to Ganthet?" Hala asked as he kept looking. "Let it go to voicemail, or something. I don't feel like talking to that backstabbing blue munchkin pain in the--" just then however the hologram of Appa was displayed. 

Kilowog then cleared his throat to cut off Hal, "Jordan" he said through the fake coughs. 

"Yes, communication with you, 2814 is equally unpleasant" Appa said, with a very unhappy scowl. "However, the Guardian have need of you" a wide arrange of text was then displayed around the hologram of Appa. "We have deciphered more of the Red Lanterns plans you obtained from Shard. The Invasion will begin sooner than expected" the Guardian announced getting the attention of everyone. "Atrocitus plans to enter Guardian space using the Lighthouse". 

The name made Hal and Kilowog looked at each other with confusion, "The what now?" 

"The Lighthouse was created millions of years ago" a hologram of the Lighthouse then displayed and to being like a technology column. "By a lost civilisation as a way to travel through the Maelstrom. The asteroid barrier separating the Forgotten Zone from Guardian Space" a hologram then showed exactly that. "When those accents vanished, the secret of the Lighthouse was lost, sealing for countless millennia. Some years ago, a Green Lantern archeologist named Tauverus made the long trek to the frontier in hopes of finding the Secret Code that would activate the long dormant Lighthouse. Unfortunately, he disappeared without a trace". 

Hal only looked on, confused. "And you're telling us, this why?" he asked. 

"The Red Lantern armada is heading full speed for the gate. We believe Atrocitus may already have the code. If his armada crosses the maelstrom into Oan space, they will destroy everything in their path. Your job Green Lanterns, is to get to the Lighthouse first, and destroy it, by any means necessary" Appa finished, cutting the transmission.