one.

Violet Flynn started stealing when she was almost five years old.

Of course, it was an age where she couldn't even form plausible thoughts, so it wasn't like it became a habit at that time. The only parts of the story she knew was what her mother supplied her. They had gone into a simple dollar store for some cheap candy for Violet's fifth birthday party, and without her mother seeing, she had somehow slipped an extra bag of candy in a neon pink purse she adored and carried everywhere. Of course, Lilah Flynn didn't notice until she saw her toddler chomping on candy she hadn't given her in the backseat, but even then, she didn't yell, or even scold her daughter. She walked inside, paid for it, and then drove home.

Lilah Flynn constantly failed to reprimand her daughter, and many could say it's the reason Violet grew up to be the way she did. The older woman was constantly gone, working as a lawyer in the bustling crime-filled city of Queens, so Violet was left alone with nannies until she was fifteen and could care for herself. At twelve, she started sneaking out when the babysitters thought she was asleep. At thirteen, she shoved things in her pockets during the dead of night, so much that it became a nightly tradition.

If you asked the bright-haired teenager why she stole, she'd simply ask you what you meant. She'd never been caught before, her compulsive lying and pickpocketing skills too good to ever be caught in the radar of exhausted, underpaid employees, and she didn't plan on revealing her talent any time soon. Shoplifting gave her a rush that the rest of her life couldn't supply. Not even being a couple slots away from valedictorian or on the ballot for homecoming queen. Two achievements she had been close to winning and lost. Valedictorian would easily be given to the popular Gwen Stacy or nerdy Peter Parker, and homecoming queen? Well, she didn't care to figure out who won.

Vi got good grades and participated in school activities because it kept adults off her radar, and a clean sheet would protect her if she ever got caught. Oh, no, I must have forgotten it was in my hand! I was too busy thinking about the test I had to study for! I am so sorry, Officer, I won't do it again. Ask my mother or anyone who knows me, I am such a good kid.

Pure bullshit. It was genius, really.

It was now that she had painted a good girl act on her face, gallantly strolling her way down the packed hallways of Midtown School of Science and Technology, her bland-colored backpack hanging off of one shoulder as she clutched one textbook and a couple notebooks to her chest. She danced around the students that were too focused on their friends to notice her presence, placing her hand along the back of some athlete that was too busy hassling a girl for her number to look where he was going.

When she arrived at her locker, her face altered into one of distaste at the couple forcefully making out against the ones next to hers. The girl giggled and let out what Violet assumed to be moans, while the boy seemed more focused on getting off without any type of clothes coming off. Her lip pulled into a sneer as she opened her, thankfully, free locker, exchanging her textbook and notebooks for a singular notebook.

Curiosity naturally got the best of her, so when she shut her locker, she looked at the couple again, who still sucked off each other's faces with no regrets or remorse. This time, they were in the way of the one and only Peter Parker, who's face furrowed into a look of distaste matching her own. She watched as he did nothing but squeeze past them, opening his locker just a smidge enough to grab his textbook before letting the weight of the boy's back slam it shut. Without even the slightest of a glance at her, Peter turned and started his way out of the building.

Violet followed him out towards the courtyard, wondering how long it would take the frazzle-minded boy to notice her presence, watching as he stopped just a few feet from the door. She came to stand beside him, her arm a couple of inches from his, glancing at the sight in front of them. It was obvious he was blatantly staring at Gwen Stacy, who sat poised atop a lunch table. Nevertheless, she used his distraction to amplify her shocking entrance.