twenty-five.

Violet Flynn started stealing when she was almost five years old.

And by the time she was eighteen, she had stolen the heart of Peter Parker, a boy who had spent most of his life wondering who he was and where he had come from. She had also stolen a scholarship to Oxford from a fourteen-year-old prodigy that allowed her to move all the way to England with her now-high school sweetheart and her best friend, Gwen Stacy.

The trio had all made the move together, all sharing a larger apartment as close to Oxford as they could afford with all of their college savings. Peter hadn't gotten accepted to Oxford, but he was currently attending community college and hoping to make the switch the next year. Gwen and Violet both attended the school together, although their classes and paths were way different. Gwen wanted to be a biotech engineer. Violet wanted to be a criminologist. Two entirely different scientific career paths.

At first, it was hard for Violet to get settled in. Her brush with death, closer than ever before, had left her shaky and jumpy, even if she was aware that Harry Osborn was now extremely locked up in a cell that would be impossible for him to break out of unless he somehow had outside help from the friends he didn't have. It took a lot of time for her to realize that she was safe now, especially with being a whole ocean away from all of the issues she had had during her senior year and beyond. It also took a lot of time for Peter to stop worrying over her shoulder every second.

By the time she was eighteen, Violet had lived a life of crazy experiences, and had fought some insane battles that would've made a killer college essay if she ever wanted to speak about them again. She had been grazed by a bullet wound when she had tussled with an armed robbery, had been stabbed by a giant mutant lizard that she also assisted in defeating, had almost been friend by a man that never received the right kind of attention and had been shocked to death by electric eels and had almost been dropped to her death by a boy fighting an incurable disease he had received genetically from his estranged father.

Although her usual pessimist attitude, these things didn't make her believe that the world was a horrible place. The way she felt when she was around Peter and Gwen made her realize that everything got confusing just so it could make more sense in the end. And ever since she had started living life to the fullest, like she could die at any second, which had been her life the past two years, she had only felt the good parts.

Dancing with Peter in the living room that was theirs, going grocery shopping with Gwen while Peter was busy trying to implement himself as a vigilante of England, listening to kind English ladies speak in their very posh accents. It was all the little things that made Violet be perfectly okay with everything that had happened and would continue to happen.

There was nothing in the present that seemed to endanger her future, except for the looming deadlines of college assignments and exams, and that was good enough for her. The people she was surrounded by and the memories she had started to make to replace the bad ones she had all made it worth it. It made her happy to wake up. Even happier than waking up inside the death grip of Peter every morning and fighting with him to let her go so she could get to class on time, which was the same argument she was having now.

"Peter, let me go," she groaned, twisting herself this way and that within his superhuman grip, "I am going to be late. Again. They're going to start making me stay even later and then nothing is going to get done around this apartment."

The boy, who currently had his face buried in her collarbone, grumbled. "Are you saying that I don't help around here?" He leaned back to look at her, the hair falling in his face not shading the offended look he currently sported. "I'll have you know, I did the dishes last night!"

Violet reached up to brush the hair out of his eyes before raising an eyebrow. "You put the dishes away at three in the morning when you got home and woke both Gwen and I up because you dropped a plate. That's not doing the dishes, that's a disturbance."

Peter sat up, propping himself up on an elbow. "To be fair, Gwen was sleeping with my girlfriend on the couch. I think that's a crime in some countries."

Taking the chance to practically launch herself out of bed and towards their en-suite bathroom, she laughed. "Not in the U.K, babe!" She singsonged as she shut the door, locking it so that he didn't barge in and drag her out. She was already running way later than she wanted to, and she still needed to shower.

Once she had showered and walked out, she stopped in her place as she watched Peter pull his Spiderman suit on. "What are you doing? It's way too early in the morning for you to be hopping around, Bug Boy, you have classes in a few hours!"

Her boyfriend looked up at her, his suit covering up his entire bottom half but leaving his toned torso on display. His lips pulled into a grin as she watched her eyes hesitate for a moment before he stepped up to her, placing his hands on her hips with a shrug. "I thought I'd swing you to school. You know, so you're not late, like you've complained about every morning, every day of the week?"

Violet raised her arms to wrap them around his neck, tilting her head. "Oh, I wonder why I've complained every day, Peter."

He laughed, leaning down to kiss the tip of her nose. "No idea."

"You're so stupid." She grumbled.

"Stupid for you." He chirped back, leaning down to kiss her.

" He chirped back, leaning down to kiss her