three.

The only sound filling Violet's room in the middle of the night was the sound of her pen against paper, small thunks as she feverishly scribbled on her math homework. Her eyebrows furrowed into deep lines on her forehead as she thought hard, her free hand pulling through her dyed hair whenever a certain problem stumped her. She had never been the best at math, always excelling more in English or history, but she studied feverishly so that she could still excel in the class. Her good grades had never come easily to her, but it just made the academic praise she received from the honor roll and teachers so much more gratifying.

She was so focused on the pages in front of her that she didn't hear the first knock on her window, and just shrugged off the second one. It was only a few knocks later that she turned around to wonder what was distracting her from the work, less than amused. She didn't even jump when she saw Peter's face behind the glass, simply stomping over to throw open the window. "You're interrupting my math homework," she bluntly said, right before turning around to sit back down at her desk chair.

"Hello, Violet. Yes, I would like to come in, Violet. I'm sorry for scaring you, Violet. Yes, I do have something to tell you, Violet." Peter grumbled beneath his breath as he effortlessly climbed through the window pane, shutting the window behind him and setting his backpack on the floor, leaning his skateboard against the wall. "Can I have your attention for just a couple of moments, please?"

The girl turned around in her chair, pulling her knees up to her stomach and putting her heels on the seat. "Are you going to do my calculus?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

"If it gives me the honor of having your attention for a few minutes, I would do your entire curriculum. C'mon, Vi. You're not gonna question why I climbed through your window late at night? How did I know which window was yours? Are you curious, ever?" He sat down on her bed, making himself comfortable by leaning back against her incredible array of different sized pillows and crossing his legs as he stretched out.

She sighed loudly. "Yes, I do wonder, Peter, but I would also like to not fail my homework and get some good sleep tonight." Really, she wanted to finish so she could go back into the city and grab a few things before she had to be back to sleep in time to get in enough hours to get her through school, but she couldn't just tell him that. He'd worry, and she didn't need that.

Peter rolled his eyes before holding out his hand. She handed him her math homework on top of a textbook before handing him a pencil when he held out his hand again. Violet sat there and watched as his brows furrowed as he constantly scribbled. It seemed like he didn't even stop to breathe before he was done with the work, handing the page back to her. "Fuck you," she grumbled when she realized he had corrected one of the former questions she had done, before setting the textbook and homework behind her, finally fully facing him. "You've earned my attention. Go."

Finally realizing the situation, the boy looked at the open door to her bedroom. "Is anybody gonna walk in while I'm speaking?"

She stood up and shut the door, before sitting at the edge of her bed near his feet. "No, my mother's at work, my dad's probably dead, but to soothe your worries, it's shut. What is it, Parker? I am itching with suspicion," she joked, glancing at him with the most stoic face she could muster.

The boy gave her a look before his excitement bubbled out of him, leaning forward as he grinned at her. "You know how I told you about me going into Oscorp and speaking with Dr. Connors?" He asked, and when she nodded, he simply continued. "We did... a thing. Today. I did it. I figured it out. The mouse, the one we tested on? Or, like, the thirtieth one we tested on. It grew it's leg back. It did it. I did it. Violet, I did it!" In his elation, he grabbed both of her hands in his, shaking them vigorously, as if trying to transfer to her the same adrenaline he currently held.