twenty.

The whole deal with Electric Man and Peter Parker had really irked Violet.

Like, really pissed her off. She was back to the fiery person she had been before she had even met Peter, except this time it was worse. Everyone but Gwen was directly in her line of fire, where she snapped at everyone who dared to speak to her and, even worse, sometimes gave attitude back.

It didn't help that everywhere she looked, people were cheering on Spiderman. Which she would have liked for Peter, if she hadn't been so infuriated at him that she had already torn up a few magazines with him displayed across the cover. Rather than it being a debate about whether he was good or bad for the city, everybody was suddenly praising his name, including speculating what exactly his suit was made of and where his webs came from.

The latter was a funny discussion that she actually liked to watch.

Today, Gwen had taken her to Oscorp with her, to try and soothe her internal rage fire with some boring tasks. Right now, Violet was doodling on a sticky note while the blonde stayed furrowed in front of her high-tech computer, her hair falling in strands in front of her face.

"I swear to God, I met him. Max. It was his birthday." She mumbled to herself.

In response to her, Violet snickered. "Yeah, as he stated before trying to barbecue all of Times Square."

Gwen gave her a look before rolling her eyes. "Shut up. I met him in the elevator, he was an employee here. He was kind, but he talked like nobody had ever spoken to him. I was giving him basic human decency and he acted like I had gifted him thousands of dollars."

Violet's eyebrows furrowed and she dropped her marker, leaning over to look at the computer screen. "Yeah, he was that way when he was attacking Times Square. When he saw his face on the big screens and when Peter told him how he remembered him, he was elated, he didn't want to fight. He only did it when it was all Spiderman and no Sparky."

Now more focused than ever, Gwen typed in the search bar of the employee records. Max Dillon. It seemed like Oscorp's high-speed internet had suddenly gone off, taking forever to search through the hundreds of employees, before suddenly popping up with no results. Both of the girls glanced at the screen in confusion. "What?"

"Try typing again, see if it's just a glitch. Try your name." Violet urged, nudging her.

Her best friend nodded, moving to type before suddenly thick red words appeared under the search bar. SEARCH BLOCKED.

"What the fuck?" Violet cursed, before taking a glance around as chatter surrounded her. She followed the gaze of the guy behind her, her eyes landing on the intimidating guys in suits that were across the room. Automatically sensing trouble by the way they were pointing at her and Gwen, she nudged her best friend nonchalantly, pointing at them. "Trouble incoming."

Following her finger, Gwen looked at the security guards before typing urgently on her computer, taking it back to the home screen before grabbing Violet's sleeve. "Let's go." She ordered, and naturally she followed.

The two girls made a break for it even as the guys caught hot on their heels, calling out to them. "Hey! Ms. Stacy!"

They stayed at a walking pace, not trying to seem like they were bolting, keeping their hands at their side and swerving through multiple turns and doorways to try and get them off their tail. "What do they want us for?" Violet whispered, glancing behind her as she sped up her pace just a little bit.

Gwen looked around before sliding around another hallway corner. "I guess they don't want people looking up Max Dillon."

Violet tried moving her feet a bit faster as Gwen moved to turn another corner, but her chunky shoes got in the way of her fast pace, and she tripped over her own ankle. Fully intending to make a fall on the ground, she closed her eyes, but hands gripped her waist, and suddenly she was slamming against a body with a grunt.