twenty-two.

Traffic was horrible. Cars were bumper to bumper, and any car that even dared to try and merge into another lane caused the cars behind and beside them to release a symphony of honks. They only moved an inch every few minutes, and it didn't seem to want to let up any time soon. Violet was really glad that she had decided to leave extremely early for the airport, especially because now she didn't have to worry about missing her flight and being stuck in the city with the people she had already said her dramatic goodbyes to.

With a large sigh, she slouched in the backseat of the taxi, listening to the annoying drone of the basic songs playing on the radio. Her headphones were packed in her carry-on bag, and she had planned to get them out while she was waiting for board, but now she wished that she had just decided to shove them in her pocket.

Pulling out her phone, she scrolled through the texts, smiling at a few. Gwen wished her luck on her flight, telling her how she'd see her later, but this time, in England. Aunt May and Uncle Ben had sent their own texts wishing her luck, with Ben scolding her for not saying goodbye. And her mother, who was very sad to see her go but proud of what she achieved, sent her a whole paragraph filled with horribly sappy words.

Violet decided to answer them later, setting her phone down in her lap and looking around. Her eyes landed on the taxi driver, who leaned forward in his seat to look farther out the windshield. Then, he let out the words that both terrified her and made her heart jump. "It's Spiderman." He cooed.

She leaned forward, her lips pulling up in a small smile as she let the happiness win. The entire time she had been sitting in standstill traffic, she had been fretting over the voicemail she had left him, and how he hadn't answered in any way. No calls, no texts, nothing. Radio silence.

Her eyes searched for whatever everyone was looking for, and her jaw dropped at the sight. In large letters made of silk, Spiderman had woven his way through the poles on the bridge in the distance, using his webs to write out the words 'I LOVE YOU' just like that. In all caps. Why did he have to yell?

"Stop the cab." Violet asked the cab driver, who threw his hands up as he reminded her that they hadn't moved in the past ten minutes. Quickly, she rushed her way out of the car, jogging towards the edge of the bridge she was currently on to stare at the sight in awe. The fleeting sun reflected off of the webs, causing the words to glitter and glint in the dimming light, and she let a tear slip as she chuckled. It was such a grand gesture, a thing that didn't speak and yet said so many words, and it made her heart swell in a way that made her think she was fixing to drop into a heart attack.

The sound of a web splitting through the air, and she barely had time to turn her head before an arm was around her waist and she was airborne. A loud laugh left her chest as her breath was pulled out of her chest from being swooped up and away. She glanced around as her feet were placed flat on one of the bridge's large pillars, staying close to Peter so that she didn't accidentally fall off.

Violet looked up at him with a small grin, tilting her head. "Hi." She whispered.

"Hi." Peter smiled back, his thumbs brushing against her sides as he held her close. "Did you get my message?"

Her eyebrows furrowed, and she jokingly tilted her head even more. "What message?" Her arms wrapped around his neck as large gusts of wind pulled at her entire body, but she didn't really mind the close proximity.

The boy in front of her rolled his eyes, gesturing with a nudge of his head to the bridge with his love proclamation on it. "The message right there, idiot."

"Oh, that message? That was you?" She laughed, leaning her forward against his with a broad smile. "I couldn't make it out. You know, my bad eyesight and all. You should know a lot about that, four eyes." The teases came out easily, and he shook his head.